Veloster Turbo Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Excellent, cause those S.Drives are currently on special discount at tire rack. Much cheaper than other tires.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Car looks great man. It's crazy how much of a difference a drop makes.

THANKS!!!

Disclaimer: the only other real performance tires I've driven hard on we're Bridgestone RE-11's on a built track spec Porsche Cayman, and well, those are in a whole new stratosphere. But, compared to the Khumo Souless 215's these 235 S.Drives are incredible. I've always been the type who wants only an extreme performance summer tire. If it's raining hard, don't drive like an asshole, plain and simple. These were very lightly used from an Audi and free, so I'm using them as a test to see if they rub with the new drop, and if I want to stay 235 and run an 8.75" wheel come holiday time. I ran them pretty good last night for a bit. They are louder at cruising speeds but have a boat load of grip.

There's a highway off ramp that is a pretty tight 35 mph rounding decline. Fastest speed on the Khumos with strut bar, rear torsion, and collars was about 54 mph and they were sliding out and howling. I took the same turn last night at about 10 mph faster with the springs installed, traction off, no noise from the tires, and I had more room to turn in harder. I got scared and didn't push any more. So, these tires have more grip than I was comfortable with on the first drive, if that tells you anything.

Can't comment on the comparison between any other performance tire for the VT. But these make me smile ;)
Before anyone reads this and thinks they can run 235s on a wide wheel with a decent drop, check out this post.

http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/...imate-will-they-fit-thread-14.html#post228478

Not trying to hijack……trying to keep perfect fenders perfect. People read one thing on here and are instantly convinced that something will work without any additional research. Just looking out for those people ;)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I hear ya. Like I said, these were free and now I know for a fact they fit on our stock 7" wheels. The wheels I want come in 18x7 or 18x8.75. I would undoubtedly do a bit more research and confirm that spec would fit, but if not I have no problem staying with a 7 inch wide wheel.

Reactions: dare

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Oh duhhhhhhhh. Haha all these numbers are frying my brain

Reactions: dare

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
New shots with the Eibachs installed and settled. Not sure I was supposed to be in this location, but no cops came so I was good ;) I'm loving the look of this thing now and can't wait to get some new shoes.

Check it: Peter Tromboni Photography

Quick revs after a nice wash/wax:

121 - 128 of 128 Posts