Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Petey's Elite White Turbo

29K views 127 replies 35 participants last post by  XxDARKANG3LxX 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I picked up my '13 Elite White 6M/T on Thursday March 7th and I've been loving every minute of it so far. This is my first brand new car and the purchasing experience was an awesome feeling. She's coming along quite nicely. Thanks to everyone on VT.org and all the vendors for helping me along the way.

By the way, I'm a photographer ;)

UPDATE: Injen SRI install and video post #26

UPDATE: Gold plasti dip wheels post #35

UPDATE: 2.5" Custom Straight Pipe Videos post #58

UPDATE: Uniq polished strut bar post #63

UPDATE: Yokohama 235/40/R18 and Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs post #115

The night I picked it up:

The first night shots with the Turbo:

(Probably my favorite shot so far)

Standard Parking Garage shot:

Randome iPhone photos:

And the newest shot from tonight:

See less See more
#2 ·
"By the way, I'm a photographer" PSSSHH Man, your pictures are magazine quality!!!! What kind of camera you got? (damn no wonder why you won last Ride of the month) =D

Why springs over coilovers?

Can't wait to see how your car transforms. What kind of wheels you got your eye on?

#5 ·
Haha thanks! I shoot with a Nikon D90 and a couple of lenses.

Springs to keep cost down, like way down, and I don't know how long I'll be keeping this so I don't want to dump too much money into just yet. I just want it dropped a bit, probably 1-1.5"

Wheels, wheels, wheels..... Well I think I'm really leaning towards a set of gold Drag DR-31's, but my buddy just got a set of gold XXR 527's for his 240 and they're sick. Definitely going gold/bronze with whatever I choose.

Reactions: JGunz18
#7 ·
lol, leave it to a photographer to win a pic contest. Seriously Petey, u have a good eye, congrats!.....reminds m i still haven't taken a single nice pic of my black beauty, I need to get busy.

#9 ·
I was thinking of doing 18x8 +35 on the stock tires. How do you like those Michelins?

#12 ·
18X8 +35 will fit on the stock 215/40. And it should fit the VT with out any issues. I think even if you lower it, and seeing that you don't want to SLAM it you should be fine with a 1.5" drop, I actually don't have a vt yet LOL it says FUTURE VT :( But I will try to make the dealer put michelins on rather than kumho. depending on how much extra they are going to try to rape me. But if you read some of my post about tires, you get what you pay for most of the time. I know kumho they put on is almost a slap in the face and they should have choose a better tire. But what can you expect? its a business they are running. People have slapped on other model kumho and thought it was better, people have put on some kind of continental and they loved them. I sale Michelin, Bridgestones and BFG. So of coarse I am VERY bias because I sale them. But I know for myself that you can get other brands and still get a better ride than what Hyundai puts on their. Just because I think the Kumho they have on there are just bottom of the line. I don't know though. I don't sale kumho, I don't know how the vt drives with those tires. But I am FO SHO putting Michelins on there. Weather it is from the dealer, or after words when I get my XXR's. That is just how I roll lol

#11 ·
Thanks!! I'm in Sarasota. I've seen three other VT's in the area but mine is the only white one so far :D

Reactions: VTseminole
#14 ·
Yeah I'd be down to make the drive up. Central FL has some great back roads that not many people know about

#17 ·
Dipped my whole front grill today. Pulled me "Veloster" emblem and dipped that as well but it's not back on yet. Wheels and rear "H" are next. Also did the rear tow hook because it always seems to stick out in my photos.

The calm before the storm ;)

#20 ·
#22 ·
Another shot from my first time light painting. Composite image created over the course of a few hours. Pretty pleased with the results.

#24 ·
Yeah they do. I don't normally do them, but when they work, they really work :)

#25 ·
Still all stock at the moment. Looking to move into a new place here in the next couple of weeks so the build is on hold for now :(

#26 · (Edited)
Little update on my VT: I went ahead and got the Injen SRI from AutoAnything.com using the June 15% coupon and free shipping. Can't complain with $171 shipped to Florida. It sounds amazing and I was able to install it on my lunch break yesterday, so that shows the ease of installation for anyone wondering.

The old BPV cap I had on was cracked from the heat and the extra one I have is too small for the opening on the Injen pipe so I have to run out later and pick up a new cap and a blue Spectre breather filter for some added visuals. Ignore the fingerprints, I was so excited I just snapped a pic and took off back to work. One word..... LOUD!!! But only when you want it to be. I can drive normal and it's almost barely audible. I love it.

Video shot with my Galaxy S4 on a cheap cell phone mount:

I also ordered a Vintage Gold True Metallic plasti dip wheel kit from DipYourCar.com. Next day delivery in Florida only ran me $47 shipped which comes out to just over $6/can. That's going to be my Sunday morning project. Here's a quick photoshop of how it *should* look with an image I shot of my car last month.

#27 ·
Sunday project. Looks good so far, still not completely sold on plasti dip but once I throw some glossifier on it it should really shine. Can't complain though for only $6.38/can

#31 ·
Exactly. That's why I'm not sweating it. I know I'm going gold for aftermarket wheels like I've said before. So if I don't like this enough I can take it off. I really think when I throw some gloss over it the look will be much better. And I need to peel the center caps off too

#35 · (Edited)
Well the wheels are finally all done. I went with 4 coats of the Vintage Gold True Metallic then added 2 light coats of the Gold Metalizer to give it some sparkle, and topped them off with two heavy coats of Glossifier. Overall I'm happy with them. Plasit Dip is Plasti Dip. It's not paint and it's not powercoat. So I can't complain with the finish. Some of the gloss is heavier in some areas so I'll try to even it out in the near future. But when the sun hits them ooohhhh so sexy.

MOAR LOW IS COMING!

Cell phone shots for now starting with just the gold metallic from Sunday and the final shots from today. I did the metal and gloss yesterday:

#37 ·
Haha that's what my guys at work said Monday morning when it was sitting in parking lot. The metalizer makes a huge difference. Throw a coat or two on there man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.