Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Piercemotorsports First Annual Veloster Track Day/Meet May 9th!

3K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Mr.MattyV 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Super excited to be able to announce this---we've been working on it for a couple of months and have got a day locked down with a good promoter/friend. The event will be held in Rosamond, California about an hour from Los Angeles at Willow Springs International Raceway! It'll be Thursday, May 9th and will go from about 8am until 5pm and then over to the local watering hole/Mexican joint to talk about how unbelievably fast we all are! This is a performance driving event so your bringing your car and a helmet---and get ready to drive on the fastest roadrace course in North America! We'll be offering classroom instruction in the morning to get everyone familiar with the track and track etiquette, and then doing station wagon sessions with everyone around the track pointing out important details---then we'll ride with you/personal one on one instruction and get you up to speed quickly. These events offer the most track time of any I've ever been to---most organizations offer 4 20 minute sessions per day (which include an out lap/warm up and a cool down lap)---your always in a rush and stressed waiting on the grid to get the most of your track time---with this event you'll get 4 hours of track time (and then in the middle of the afternoon he opens it up for everyone!). If your not into driving, come on out anyways and just hang out/experience the roadcourse event---at lunch time for an hour you'll be able to drive around the track at 55mph (or somewhere around there!). I'll personally be there coaching and will take everyone around the track at speed in our track prepared Time Attack Veloster Turbo! If you sign up for the event to drive then you can count on driving our car to experience all the Piercemotorsports products for yourself. We've already got a Veloster owner flying in from back east to do the event---so no excuses that it's too far!!! I'll post updates as they become available---we'll also have photographers there to take photo's of you and your car on the track for bragging rights later---we're going to be giving away products for the most improved drivers (no sand-baggers!!) and at the end of the day drinks are on ME (no professional drinkers allowed!!!).

I promise you you'll have a great time, meet some great people and see a huge variety of different types of cars---there's a MOPAR event going on an hour away and often times many of the classic trans-am era cars show up and run. Mention Piercemotorsports when you register---and register by April 17th for a discount of $50!

You can get more info at Alltime Racing | Vintage Motorsports, or sign up at Spring Fling Speed Festival VII, Thursday, May 9th, 2013 | Alltime Racing

Hope to see you all there!

See less See more
#3 ·
Just looking at google map...its around 4700km and 43hours of driving xD ...but that would be a great road trip loL!

#5 ·
Nice! xD

#7 ·
Hey wanted to let you all know that we're doing it again!!! This November 7th at Willow Springs will be our next track day---going to try an make this a bi-annual event! If your in the so-cal area please come out if not to drive just to hang out---I'll have our Veloster touring car there and I promise to give you the ride of your life!!! There will be tons of good laps to be had by all and usually by the afternoon the track is wide open/no run groups!!! Please help me promote this to your friends---regardless of car make, although it would be great to get a group of Velosters out there doing lead follow! We'll be filming all day as well so who knows, you may end up being famous!!

#8 ·
You know I wish that I could get in on this again, but no time off requests for me after September. Food holidays and all, lol.
TO EVERYONE ELSE:
This is a GOLDEN opportunity for you to get out there and learn, drive and get comfortable with your car!
Seriously, this track is phenomenal and you won't regret going!!

#11 ·
OOOOO sounds like a nice road trip for the wife and I.

#13 ·
Damn Jim ur2 far away. Want 2 bring ur family to Disney World next year? I can get u some tickets @ half price ;-) haha

#15 ·
thanku for the offer Jim, but no pto, i already wasted all my vacation days.

#16 ·
So our 2ND annual day is a bit earlier this year---April 3RD which is a Thursday---just a few weeks away---probably deserves it's own thread, but figured I'd bump this one---looking to have a good variety of cars at Willow Springs this year---some Sube's/Kia's/Hyundai's/Aston Martin's/Porsche's/Fords/Ferrari's/Nissan's as well as some Vintage race cars---super fun day with a great group of folks and basically very little traffic with lot's of clean laps---also new for this year will be some Drag Racing at lunch! You can sign up at Alltime Racing | Vintage Motorsports or just contact me here and I'll get you taken care of. For those at our meet this Sunday, you'll be able to signup as well---if you haven't been to the track, this is the perfect event---lot's of instruction/easy going folks that make it less intimidating---I'll personally coach you/get you up to speed quickly and it'll be a very memorable day!!!!

#17 ·
By the way---we've had many different folks from all walks of life show up at these events---the late Paul Walker was a regular---Eddie and Alex Van Halen---Cameron Diaz, Neil Pert, Boris Said, Justin Wilson---people from all walks of life/profession's---motorsports is a great equalizer/brings like minded folks together---never know who you'll meet!!! Super fun day/very cool cars---a fantastic memory you'll create!!!!

This post has been deleted
#19 · (Edited)
Fantastic day out there again with very little traffic/lot's of clean laps! We had a couple of Velosters come out from last weeks meet at the shop---super cool guys---Jesse and John tore it up all afternoon! They got progressively quicker throughout the day/more comfortable and right at the end we did a sort of impromptu time attack and they had both picked up nearly 10 seconds from their first session and got down into the low 1:50's!!! Great variety of cars---some classic mopars/mustangs to new Vipers/Porsches/BMW's---had some Acura's, Fords, Kia's, SUBE's and the Velosters held there own nicely! I'll post some pics up a bit later.

This post has been deleted
#23 ·
No you wouldn't---I'd have you up to speed/safe in about 15 minutes and then you'd be waiting in line for your next session! You'd probably be cleaning your car between run groups, but it would look great in pics everytime out!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.