Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 528 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tn_BHR92.jpg
Finally after several tries and a few months of testing/prototyping it's finally ready!!! The rear torsion bars will be made of 4130 chromoly just like the rest of the products we've been making---they'll be solid stock 19mm alloy steel and based/nearly identical to the whiteline design which is the best we've seen. The bar will bolt directly to the outboard holes on the coil buckets offering maximum control of the twist beam. The torsion bar will install in about 10 minutes without having to remove the coils!! They'll be primed and powdercoated white for durability and of course have our logo centered.

In early stages we tested with the whiteline bar which is 18mm/spring steel and it just wasn't quite enough rate for what we were trying to accomplish---they're a great bar and improvement for sure, but we needed more control/rate and better balance. We created a 19mm alloy bar and spent a few sessions at the track with it and just felt we hit a homerun---the car settled down a bit more and I was able to rotate it in lift throttle applications just like we strive for in the racecars---with our setup the car was finally neutral on a 3/4 tank of fuel!! The additional size increase and material will effectively add about 8-10% more rate/roll stiffness over the other bar and get progressively stiffer as the car is pushed harder in the rear.

The bar will make huge improvements on daily drivers and when used with our suspension setup provide a nice neutral and predictable platform for the driver! I'm excited---the bars are in production now and should finished in a few weeks and then coated and ready for shipping. It's taken forever it seems, but it's got to be just right...The best part is we'll be able to come in right at the $155 shipped mark and for the first 10 units sold---$140 to your door here in the states! The pic show's the general design of the bar---it offers excellent ground clearance as well---works with both the stock/and modified suspension! Pm me for payment info and we'll get you handled/on the list!!

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
do want you know ittttt

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'll get to the front for sure-actually thinking about the rear sway bar now which should really confuse everyone! The rear is challenging...
if your torsion bar is where whiteline's "swar bars" are... where are your sway bars going to go? @[email protected]

·
Registered
418 Posts
I could tell you but then I'd have to...!!! They'll attach to the beam and link to the chassis.
1. U mentioned that it will help with daily driving, so this will eliminate or greatly reduce that rear end jump over bumps?

2. Can we get it in red by any small chance?

3. First 10 = $140 shipped in USA, how about $140 shipped to Canada (even if it takes 3 weeks)?

4. I would like to be one of the first 10 if 1, 2 and maybe 3 is satisified

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. U mentioned that it will help with daily driving, so this will eliminate or greatly reduce that rear end jump over bumps?

2. Can we get it in red by any small chance?

3. First 10 = $140 shipped in USA, how about $140 shipped to Canada (even if it takes 3 weeks)?

4. I would like to be one of the first 10 if 1, 2 and maybe 3 is satisified
Yes sir it will reduce the toe change/bump steer in the rear-no red, but I can leave it raw and you can have it coated (several folks opted for that) and the first 10 we're gone a while ago so it's $155 shipped and figure about $15 extra for Canada. If you'd like it uncoated Ill help you with some of the shipping-give me a pm and we'll discuss.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could you, or should I say, should u, have both installed?
Definitely could-we used to set up the SCCA ITB golfs with 3 bars and the factory Grand Am Cobalts ran a couple s well. They'll work together for sure-right now they may require an aftermarket exhaust though...

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Take my money!!! Is this a single version only or will there be other versions of this bar? I'd hate to but it and then you make some other version I'd rather buy.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
What if I buy it and drive by your shop again care to help me install again Jim? :D

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Take my money!!! Is this a single version only or will there be other versions of this bar? I'd hate to but it and then you make some other version I'd rather buy.
This will be the only torsion bar we build---sonofjohn absolutely, we'll help you with the install for sure.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jim: Weight?
I didn't weigh it, darn it-normally I would too...I don't have the sample, it's being used to make the jig...I'd say less than 10lbs---probably closer to 6-7lbs

·
Registered
373 Posts
When will this be on your site and ready for purchase?

I am ordering a couple of other things and was wondering if I could have it all shipped to Richmond BC, Canada at the same time...

J

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When will this be on your site and ready for purchase?

I am ordering a couple of other things and was wondering if I could have it all shipped to Richmond BC, Canada at the same time...

J
Probably be a bit before it's on the site---but I'll give you a PM later tonight and get you payment info---my shipping boxes are 60" x 6" x 6" and we'll stuff it full for you!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's getting pretty close now---I should have the first bar to test fit from the batch early next week and then it's probably a week for them to run the batch and then another for powdercoating. I'll post up pics of the bar/install on my car next week when it shows up.

1 - 20 of 528 Posts