Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the guy came to give a quote on dyeing the blue trim pink. He cannot do the stitching so he referred me to an auto trim place to get a quote on upholstery. Went there today. He can send out the leather for stitching and he can dye the seats. The quote he gave me was $750-800 and I would still have to go back to the original quoter to dye the plastic trim to match. I am going to shop around in the next week to compare prices/options. Someone also suggested maybe trying to get new seats altogether. Thoughts??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is it going to be like a hot pink? And will you be doing the turbo logo as well? Definitely keep the seats.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So the guy came to give a quote on dyeing the blue trim pink. He cannot do the stitching so he referred me to an auto trim place to get a quote on upholstery. Went there today. He can send out the leather for stitching and he can dye the seats. The quote he gave me was $750-800 and I would still have to go back to the original quoter to dye the plastic trim to match. I am going to shop around in the next week to compare prices/options. Someone also suggested maybe trying to get new seats altogether. Thoughts??
The dealership where I got my car does a full replacement of leather/suede for $1300 (all seats). Although pink was not an option for the custom work. But if you're just having the blue trim dyed and re-stitched pink - hmmm good question, I don't know if 700-800 is a reasonable price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes HOT pink. I put a pic below of the rims I want and I want my interior trim to match. He said he will do all of the stitching, includingng the turbo logo as well as the stitching on the inside of the doors. Im sure getting all new seats would prob be way more expensive, plus the whole installation process would be a bitch too. Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Wheel Auto part

·
Registered
730 Posts
Looks like Sexy Thang will be wearing a pretty expensive dress pretty soon. Can't wait to see that!

·
Registered
730 Posts
LOL!!!! Of all the mods I have seen here and at the other forum, yours is the one I most want to see. The hot pink and black combo should be awesome.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, that is what im wanting :) I had a specific color picked out, but they only had 2 pinks that were somewhat close. I picked one that is pretty close to the rim color. Not the exact shade I wanted, but close enough!

·
Registered
64 Posts
im glad you brought this to discussion, i was wondering if this was an option and now that i know it is, the choice of blue or gray is no longer a factor...mine will be red, red, red however, thanks and a grand is nothing for a custom interior like this, can wait to see it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ur welcome! Yeah just shop around at custom auto trim shops. Im gonna go to a few more on tues or wed to compare prices. The entire interior wont be done till around thanksgiving im guessing, since he can't get me in for another month and it takes a few weeks to do. Red will look nice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
You sure are going to have a one of a kind, really hot ride when you're done. Please post LOTS of pix. Are you thinking of anything else on the exterior other than the rims? I know it's old school but a nice hot double pinstrip might look good, too. It would give the rims something else to match.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im not gonna do any decals or pinstriping only bc my last car had some on it and I got into a bad accident a few years ago. Had to replace the passenger door so I took the graphics off the driver side door and the sun fade was hideous. Don't wanna have to deal with that again. Not that I plan on getting in an accident but even if down the road I decide I don't like it anymore, ya know? I wanna keep it kind of simple, just black and hot pink rims :) I am thinking about maybe painting some stuff in the engine bay though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts