Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about purchasing an elite white turbo and plasti dip the whole thing so i can have the matte finish for less than 400$ ive been watching videos on their website and it looks pretty simple, anybody else thinking about doing this or have done this?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I own the Elite White VT and in my opinion it would be a crime to do so. This paint is beautiful and doing so would take all it's uniqueness away. Yes it will look different for sure and less expensive and probably less maintenance. Just my opinion.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
I am going to do my best to tell you NOT to screw up a brand new car by plasti-dipping it..

Unless you are a professional and using a gun in a good booth it will come out looking like a turd, most likely...

Yes, you can coat the entire car quite easily but the hard part with plasti-dip is going to be applying it on the ENTIRE vehicle EVENLY so it looks good.

If you also look on youtube at some of these 'dip' jobs that people are satisfied with you will see that it does not look anything like the matte paint on the V and is not done smoothly. You will see spots where it is darker or looks 'wet' and just uneven..

Also, why pay 200$ extra for paint that you are going to cover up? why not go for the silver instead or some other color?

If you are wanting to go for the matte look, I would strongly suggest staying away from a DIY dip job and get a professional vinyl wrap done.. Will look MUCH better and prevent many headaches and/or people thinking you just rattle canned your brand new car because of how 'meh' it looks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There are vids and pics out there of someone who plastidipped their car. It looks absolutely hideous, I would advise against it. It would look good with vinyl wrap, not with rubber coating.

·
Registered
69 Posts
DO NOT use Plasti-Dip on your entire car. It looks horrendous and is NOT the finish you are envisioning. It's bad enough when people use this stuff on their wheels, but I wouldn't do anything more than that on a car.

Your best option is to get the car wrapped if you REALLY want it matte white. I wouldn't recommend trying this yourself either because it is a skill that must be learned--and you don't want your brand new ~$25k car looking like crap. Depending on the shops in your area, wrap jobs usually cost between $1500-$2500. The VT is a relatively small car, so that least that helps keep the cost down. The OEM matte grey paintjob would have cost you $2500 more anyway, so a full wrap job really shouldn't blow up anyone's budget who wanted this style finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts