Veloster Turbo Forum banner

A or B? :) :)

Plasti-dipping my car!!! opinions on colors?

16K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  btjetman 
#1 ·
Good morning all!
So, after long discussions and weighing pros and cons, we have decided to dip my car... I will be going to Filthy Dips up in new hampshire... they do absolutely amazing work for a really great price. Here is some of their work:

https://www.facebook.com/FilthyDips

I took an image off google because it is hard to photoshop a white car... but I was able to finally photoshop the two different greens I was going to try for. Wanted to hear your opinions on each:

The things I did not photoshop are the wheels (except for the inserts), and the gray on the front bumper and sideskirts...

The wheels would be black with a matched green insert:

The gray would be either black or white (and that accent would also be the engine cover)

I am going to make this easy and label them A and B, let me know what you like!

First up is A: This is a more lime look on the Matte Green (achieved by mixing the Camo Green and Monster Green)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hyundai

Next up is B: This is more of an Olive-military jeep style... (Achieved by mixing Monster Green, Camo Green, and Black)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hyundai

Again, the wheels and grays were not photoshopped here, this is just giving the general idea: I played around with other colors as well but liked these two the best.

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the lighter green. But if you go military then complete the look with rally flaps and a roof rack :D

Reactions: iration_sti
#3 ·
Oh yes, rally armors are on their way actually.... and I am looking for the right roof rack because its almost surfing season :), also needs MOAR LOW too... our wheel gap is hideous... just trying to decide if I want to spend the 800 on coils or just grab the Eibach Pro Kit...

#5 ·
600 for all :), (entire car, wheels)... I know I could do it myself for half of that... but I would rather have it be in a booth done professionally than me fudging something up :p

#7 ·
Well you asked for opinions so here goes...dont take offense but I think it looks hideous. Youre making your beautiful white car into an ugly green. But hey, different strokes for different folks. I never understood plastidipping an entire car.

#10 ·
I certainly don't take offense, I am actually happy to hear a different side :). I am a car show enthusiast and I am unable to do "performance" modifications so I am looking for something to make my car stand out more than it already does :)

As for dipping a car; the price is right, protects the paint very well, and it is temporary. The fact that if I get tired of it I can change it at any time is definitely an appealing thought. I do not need to notify the registry or change the insurance on it at all unlike paint, and it adds a uniqueness to the vehicle itself.

Thanks for the input!

#9 ·
the dip does come off, eventually ;).
Exactly, over time it will start to chip away and really look like hell. Guys on my 370 forum plastidip the lower portion of the front bumper and it can collect bugs and other road grime. If you really have to have another color, do it right and fork up the money for a proper respray. I understand itll cost you an arm and a leg and its most likely not attainable but with such a nice car as yours, dont ruin it by spraying plastdip on it.

#12 ·
If the guy is really that good, I am sure it will stick to the car. I plastidipped the lower front portion of my 370's front bumper and if you do it right, itll stay on like mine has. Problem is, it starts to fade. Compared to when I first put mine on (about a year ago), its not near as dark as it used to be and I keep it garaged too. If you keep your car outside itll fade that much quicker. This weekend when its nice out ill be running another coat over it, but I only have a black spray, nothing else. It looks like these guys will have to mix cans, so when/if you touch it up, you better do it right or else itll stick out like a sore thumb. Ive seen a guy with a CTS-V plastidip his entire car and after a year it started to look like sh*t. Just dont cheap out, its not like youre driving an old beater, but it looks like you have your mind made up already.

#14 ·
Do not wrap your car Toby. Trade it in for a color you want or resrpay it. Hyundai made such nice colors for these cars, dont ruin them with plasti dip which is just for small items such as emblems, not big items such as entire cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.