Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting a BOV specifically for the noise. I was convinced I was going to buy the Forge BOV until I came across the DIY version where you convert the stock BPV to a BOV.
I'm tempted to just do the conversion, as it's far cheaper, but I feel like there must be a catch to it. Is it worth the while to get an actual BOV if you're just going for sound? Is there any downside to doing the DIY conversion? Basically what are the pros and cons of both?

On a somewhat similar note, I've heard the stock BPV is prone to cracking and wearing out. If this is true, what might I notice if it did?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
You do realize people have been doing this for 7 years now, right? Do some searching and reading.

Here:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had my disconnected for years.
There's no issue with it as long as it can vent unobstructed.

Just unplug it from the intake and cap the hole on the intake. If you like it, keep it. If you want more, buy a bov. If you find your stock valve is acting up in the future, buy a bov.

If nothing else it gives you a taste of what to expect

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You do realize people have been doing this for 7 years now, right? Do some searching and reading.

Here:
I know how it to do it an all and I have been searching it up a lot. I was just curious since most of the times I saw someone ask if there were downsides to do it, there was no response. I guess because maybe there isn't.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I suggest put stainless or aluminum mesh over the BOV outlet and keep the rubber diaphragm lightly oiled and you'd be trouble free for quite some time. Keep in mind this is for sound only and if you wanted any actual benefit to have less boost spiking during BOV operation you'll need an aftermarket valve on a cold pipe or on a new intercooler.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Remove the stock BOV plate, saw off the hose connection close to the plate then you can rotate that opening forward of the Radiator Support for better distribution of sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts