Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue that just started yesterday. The traction control light is on solid and my air bag light. The speedometer drops to 0 and sporadically returns to the proper speed. The power steering died, the ABS light has come on, the stability control light is on as well. Sometimes the lights flicker and go on and off.

I had this exact problem back in 2017 shortly after buying the car (It's a 2016 bought used w/ 5k miles). It was under warranty then and apparently they found that the vacuum pump had caused a short in the can-bus system causing these problems. Additionally, the short killed the air bag module.

Has anyone else had this issue? Can it be caused by anything besides the vacuum pump? The replacement pump also satisfied the recall as well. So there are no recalls on the car.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,012 Posts
That is the usual cause you explained and also a bad battery, electrical connections, and even things plugged into the OBD2 port can cause this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the usual cause you explained and also a bad battery, electrical connections, and even things plugged into the OBD2 port can cause this.
So digging through the paperwork I had on the car we had the pump replaced summer of '17, before the TSB was released to add sealant to it. I'm assuming this failed again. I ordered the pump cap, per the TSB. We'll see if this resolves the issue. I'm assuming I'll be searching for a replacement ABS module as well.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
This may all be covered so check into it before spending $

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
what I'm saying is if it caused other issues because it was not fixed properly even if due to other updates coming out later that it may be covered. Just like engines being replaced in 2013 VT due to faulty oem fuel line and/or oem tune that has a tub or recall that was incomplete at one time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I took your advice, I made an appointment. Unfortunately they didn't have anything available until a week from Saturday. I'm still debating swapping that cap so at least the power steering starts working again and at least some safety systems will be working. Then I'll swap it back out the day before we take the car in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts