Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't have a ton of pricing details yet but a new badass hood has been made for the veloster and I contacted the manufacturer. They can get me a better deal than retail if I buy in bulk.

Soo, I thought this might be a good idea for a group buy.

Pricing details are fuzzy right now but lookin at 600 mark + shipping. The catch? They are in Singapore. If we could get 10 buyers or even 5, we might be able to even it out a bit.

I will update this thread later with more details and not from my phone, lol.

Just looking to see if there is any interest out there. The scoop is sweet because you could duct air to cool the compressor side of the turbo.

IMG_38609223161223.jpeg IMG_38606149759729.jpeg IMG_38597718628950.jpeg

People in on it!

1. Turbosocks
2. rockey.mccartha (pending final cost)
3. swordfish
4. Thepuma84 (pending cost at tax time)
5. WildHareMS (pending cost at tax time)
6. 999RXerox (possible with shipping to AUS)
7. TheGeekFreek

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I wouldn't Change my hood... But does it come in matte? Lol

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Im at least curious wont have those kind of funds til come tax time

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm in the possible tax-time boat myself. Can you get specific specs on the carbon and also the sealant they used?

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will get more specifics. If we get 5, will be 15% discount on msrp.

Msrp is 600$. so 510$ before shipping. Going to look at most economical route. Drop shipping direct or shipping all here and distributing them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Also the guy stated that if there is enough interest, they could make new mold removing that funky triangle in the middle. There seems to be quite a few people expressing dislike for it (myself included)

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Its gonna be interesting getting that to match a matte grey with blue trim...

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
WOW I like that hood! Best looking hood I have seen yet. A CF Hood is on my list of mods. this is the hood I will be getting now! I love it!

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
interested in the hood just how it sits, would like some pics of under the hood as well. want to see how the scoops look under there and what I can do to make them more functional.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I was already looking into the Seibon hood, but couldn't find out if the hood vents were functional or not.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
V Trizzle;113236 said:
I would assume so. It does say CF in the title of the thread ]:crazy:[/QUOTE

lol shit then if its carbon fiber then thats hott im deffinely in. after the holidays though most deffinetly i am in. i was gonna get the other hood when income taxes come in but i like this one way better

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The seibon hood uses our oem vents

1 - 20 of 162 Posts