Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most of you probably pay attention to the veloster.org forums, but just in case - there's some rumblings on there about a possible recall:

VT production halted, recall already? E-Mail From Dealership...

Something about a sensor in the automatic transmissions...if it true, this will be very disappointing, as I'd guess it would add weeks to the delay, and even then makes me a bit nervous about buying the first batch.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm sure most of you probably pay attention to the veloster.org forums, but just in case - there's some rumblings on there about a possible recall:

Something about a sensor in the automatic transmissions...if it true, this will be very disappointing, as I'd guess it would add weeks to the delay, and even then makes me a bit nervous about buying the first batch.
I just read the thread this afternoon and it sure does mess things up for me. It was also stated that the repair time is almost two hours....times how many VT's stuck at the ports? Yikes!

·
Registered
61 Posts

Some good advice that I read of in Consumer Reports said, "Never buy the first version of anything." Other good bits of advice here as well: Consumer Advice: Consumer Reports

Cheers!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bummer for the AT buyers, now maybe they will switch to Manuals! Veloster.org posted a ship list and there were only 7 Mts out of 99 currently in transit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm sure most of you probably pay attention to the veloster.org forums, but just in case.
Hey, thanks for posting
I gave up on that other forum
Admins and Moderators over here are just a thousand times better
This potential recall is interesting
I'm wondering if this will move up the deliveries of the manual tranny cars which will make some people very happy

·
Registered
30 Posts

For what it's worth my dealer said its a false report.

·
Registered
287 Posts
And its not a recall anyway.

True, a good ole TSB

I will admit, when I read "sensor" my mind jumped right to well that's simple, then I read the 9 some pages of that TSB and wow, a lot more work to replace that sensor than I had thought

1 - 16 of 16 Posts