Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am officially creating this topic today because of an incident that was worth posting even tho I have had several other double take stories this is just the greatest.

Yesterday, I took my VT out for a cruise and on my way there this guy and his scooter sees my car. We'll I'm ahead of him and he's trying his heart out to catch up to me. Traffic light turns red, I'm on the left lane and complete my stop. 3 or 4 seconds later he catches up (he's on the right lane) and as he slowly passes my car he turns around and looks at my grill and out of no where I guess his feet may have caught the ground as he was trying to slow down. Well it didn't end too bad but his scooter and the guy literally flipped over and for a second I thought the guy broke his leg. He was alright but I can now say my VT just caused its first double take accident (that I'm aware of......).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Lmao

I always get a bunch of awkward stares where i notice people looking, they look away then i catch them looking again haha. No complaints here though when its a cute girl. Alot of times I can hear people like "Thats that Hyundai I told you about" or something like "OHH THATS THE TURBO"

Haven't caused someone to wreck as far as I know though!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a guy yell to me while i was getting outta my car at the mall. he shouted "IS THAT THE TURBO?!" i responded with a modest "yes" and he asked me the price. as i told him he pointed to his brand new brz and told me he got his for 32,000. he looked disappointed as he said "man, that car's faster than mine too."

I always park it directly in front of the Vans store I work at and just watch people walk by it, walk around it, then walk away straining their necks ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had a guy yell to me while i was getting outta my car at the mall. he shouted "IS THAT THE TURBO?!" i responded with a modest "yes" and he asked me the price. as i told him he pointed to his brand new brz and told me he got his for 32,000. he looked disappointed as he said "man, that car's faster than mine too."

I always park it directly in front of the Vans store I work at and just watch people walk by it, walk around it, then walk away straining their necks ;)
I was surprised, I didnt know until the other day the FRS is N/A

·
Registered
76 Posts
I did a double take when mine came around the corner as I was unloading my wife's SUV yesterday. First time since I bought it that it was rolling without me inside and it took me off guard for a second. :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
My buddy got in the back seat after a few beers a couple weeks ago. I can see him thru my rear view looking around confused as hell. Finally he goes "There's no f***ing door on that side!" He did at least 4 double takes trying to figure it out LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts