Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's start by saying I just came from an iPhone which worked flawlessly in my VT connected via Bluetooth. Loved the integration. Voice dialing worked to perfection, unlike this new Android device which can't recognize names in my contacts when I try to speak it to the car. Ugh.

Now I have a new Galaxy S4 on AT&T so I have the ability to run multiple apps. First of all, when playing Pandora via Bluetooth the app has to be open when a song reaches the end for it to switch to a new song, or else it just sits there. So when my phone display goes off it wont switch. I have to light my phone back to life so Pandora will switch to the next song. This is incredibly annoying, especially while driving and my phone is hanging out in the cup holder.

Another issue: The above problem happens when I have the VT's Media setting on "Phone Music" and play/switch Pandora songs directly from my phone. If I switch to the "Pandora" setting on the VT's Media screen it displays the song/artist/album on the 7in display, but will continually bring up an error message saying "Unable to connect to Pandora.com" and the car goes back to FM radio. WTF!?

Never had this problem with my iPhone and this is just one reason why I've been regretting the switch to an Android phone. I still say Apple FTW.

Thoughts...?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've never tried to speak to the car, but my Pandora works fine with my Razr maxx. If you have an ultimate find a thread by Jack Crow where he had to get the dealer to give him a new updated head unit.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Ive gotta Samsung S3 and have zero issues as you describe...phn music, pandora and phone calls via the car all work perfectly...had a Droid X2 before this phone and it worked fine as well, and its actually still connected via BT in the car for the OBD reader/Torque app

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ive gotta Samsung S3 and have zero issues as you describe...phn music, pandora and phone calls via the car all work perfectly...had a Droid X2 before this phone and it worked fine as well, and its actually still connected via BT in the car for the OBD reader/Torque app
I have an HTC One X (XL) and it constantly drops Bluetooth connectivity and then connects again. I had a custom ROM when I had the NAV, no issues. This is a stock ROM on a replacement phone (same model) now that I have the VT. :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
For android phones to work with the integrated Pandora control, the head unit needs software version 5.1.34 or higher. If you have a head unit with version 5.1.28, you will need to have the hyundai service center swap out the head unit for one with an updated software version. Head units running 5.1.28 apparently can't be updated via software. The replacement unit I received as version 5.1.42. What software version the head unit comes with is also dependent on what state you're in. My original nav unit had 5.1.28, and I'm in California. Version 5.1.34 was on nav units for cars sold in Hawaii. I also experience the BT dropping If the car system gets to the point where it says BT failed to connect, and then you connect the phone afterwards, it will usually keep dropping BT to the phone regardless of how many times you connect it again, unless you reset the BT on the car system and phone and repair, which obviously wastes time. However, what you need to do to prevent that is to have the car system set to automatically connect to your phone on start up. Make sure your phone's BT is enabled before starting the car. The car system and phone should connect pretty quickly and stay connected.

Also, from my experience talking about the Pandora problem with regards to the ultimate nav unit, some people just couldn't stop bringing up how their android phones worked on their non-nav units, running different software versions, and in their non-ultimate models, which was completely irrelevant to the discussion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts