·
Registered
242 Posts
116whp @ 5200rpms...that is a base model Veloster? lol

seems like tricky advertisement here

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Regardless of the low looking output, most of that power is coming from the ecu tune and not the intercooler.

Any pics of the intercooler setup on the car? Can't imagine much need for the stock turbo and stock boost. Also, the power increase from the tune withbout information isn't helpful.. the booost being raised slightly and a bit leaner maps alone could get those increases.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
since you know a lot about this apparently, please explain the power outputs and what was done..

Are you saying stock dyno'd @ 116 hp, tune @ 160 and tune + FMIC @ 175? if so, what was done with tuning? Was boost pressure raised?

60 hp from a tune and FMIC on a stock turbo seems like a TON..

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I want to know how it only dyno'd at 116whp to begin with....seems odd from the get go.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
some dyno's read really low or high..

The only numbers that REALLY matter in a dyno is the comparison on the same dyno stock vs. modifications because it will show a % increase from the tune/modification.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
some dyno's read really low or high..

The only numbers that REALLY matter in a dyno is the comparison on the same dyno stock vs. modifications because it will show a % increase from the tune/modification.
I agree, but 175hp modded from 116hp stock is ~51% increase over stock, which is HUGE %

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
yeah, that is what needs clearing up the most from my standpoint. Don't care that the actual numbers seem lower, it is the % increase in just FMIC + tune that seem a little far fetched..

not saying it isn't POSSIBLE but with such small displacement + small turbo without anything physically upgraded on it, an increase like that seems crazy.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
yeah, that is what needs clearing up the most from my standpoint. Don't care that the actual numbers seem lower, it is the % increase in just FMIC + tune that seem a little far fetched..

not saying it isn't POSSIBLE but with such small displacement + small turbo without anything physically upgraded on it, an increase like that seems crazy.
getting 40% increase from a tune isn't shocking to me at all

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
getting 40% increase from a tune isn't shocking to me at all
You expect to gain 70-80hp from a tune? (Based on most VTs I have seen dyno between 170-185whp)....that just seems awfully optimistic IMHO.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
You expect to gain 70-80hp from a tune? (Based on most VTs I have seen dyno between 170-185whp)....that just seems awfully optimistic IMHO.
there are many other cars that get 30-40% from just a tune... being that this car is tuned like epic shit from the factory, it wouldnt surprise me if this car got 20 whp stock boost with just 93 and tweaking afr and timing.... then 3-4 more psi it wouldn't surprise me if it got 50-65 from just a tune. I dont think that it would get 50% gain I do think it would get the 45 whp gain if not more, there are no specifics on the tune or quality of gas or amount of boost

·
Registered
34 Posts
What have the Auto VT's been Dynoing at ? I would imagine a Manual with say 10% drivetrain loss would be around the 170 - 180, Surely a stock Auto would be a fair bit less ?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
there are many other cars that get 30-40% from just a tune... being that this car is tuned like epic shit from the factory, it wouldnt surprise me if this car got 20 whp stock boost with just 93 and tweaking afr and timing.... then 3-4 more psi it wouldn't surprise me if it got 50-65 from just a tune. I dont think that it would get 50% gain I do think it would get the 45 whp gain if not more, there are no specifics on the tune or quality of gas or amount of boost
45whp on a VT
would be believable to me as well, that would equate to ~25% increase....not the 40% you previously mentioned or the >50% that going from 116 to 175 involves.....

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
45whp on a VT
would be believable to me as well, that would equate to ~25% increase....not the 40% you previously mentioned or the >50% that going from 116 to 175 involves.....
the car got to 160 from just a tune .. which is on point with what I'm saying, the bump to 175 is with a fmic. i said 50-65 from just a tune wouldn't surprise me but not looking at it as a % of what THAT car dynoed but instead the WHP gain.. which would be almost 40% gain on a standard (170whp)

they gained 40% with just a tune... (which about 45 whp) again more wouldnt surprise me at all

·
Registered
980 Posts
I could definitely see 40 plus hp gains with tuning. Like Elecblue said the afr is so bad on this car theres a lot being lost there alone.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I could definitely see 40 plus hp gains with tuning. Like Elecblue said the afr is so bad on this car theres a lot being lost there alone.
Like I said, I could see 40whp in a vt as well, which is ~25% on the VT....just not a 40% hp (70-80whp) increase, which is what he said initially...

...my hesitation with these numbers is that that 45whp increase on this particular dyno was a 40% improvement over the baseline, which seems very optimistic.

....too bad the person whose the vids isn't around for more info

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Like I said, I could see 40whp in a vt as well, which is ~25% on the VT....just not a 40% hp (70-80whp) increase, which is what he said initially...

...my hesitation with these numbers is that that 45whp increase on this particular dyno was a 40% improvement over the baseline, which seems very optimistic.

again it was 40% on THAT shitty number.. which is 47 whp... which is right around 28% gain.. however I wouldnt be surprised if a tune pushed 65-70 whp

you shouldnt be looking at % gained for that car.. but WHP gain.. and what I said initially was that a 40% gain from just a tune isnt shocking to me at all. because there are other cars that have gotten 30-40% gains with just a tune

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts

he is .. he just joined

http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/introductions-site-help/1456-newbie-korea.html

1 - 20 of 27 Posts