Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to get the dual side exhaust like this veloster had from the Marvel movie. I was wondering if anyone on here has done something like this or knows someone who has. Thank you for the response in advance.

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
So I want to get the dual side exhaust like this veloster had from the Marvel movie. I was wondering if anyone on here has done something like this or knows someone who has. Thank you for the response in advance.

View attachment 106787
Any muffler shop can do something like this but the legality of having a setup like this on the street may not be legal.
Some state laws require to have the exhaust out the back for passenger cars as having the exhaust out the side like that can lead to exhaust emissions getting back into the car.

Yeah that looks nice but is for movie purposes only.
Good luck with your decision though. 馃憤馃槑

Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
Check to see if legal and if so then many exhaust shops could do it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any muffler shop can do something like this but the legality of having a setup like this on the street may not be legal.
Some state laws require to have the exhaust out the back for passenger cars as having the exhaust out the side like that can lead to exhaust emissions getting back into the car.

Yeah that looks nice but is for movie purposes only.
Good luck with your decision though. 馃憤馃槑
Looks like the ruling for my state is as long as it has a muffler its good.

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
just checked its legal now just got to find a shop.
Yeah show the shop the picture and if this is what you want and the shop can fabricate this you're good. 馃憤
It may cost you a pretty Penney to do so but it would be something very different and kind of cool.
Heads would turn for sure and who knows may even start a trend. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔忦煒夝煈
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Administrator
And once done you want some flames.....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah show the shop the picture and if this is what you want and the shop can fabricate this you're good. 馃憤
It may cost you a pretty Penney to do so but it would be something very different and kind of cool.
Heads would turn for sure and who knows may even start a trend. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔忦煒夝煈
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Definitely will post some picture with the complete product.

Administrator
Exhaust that close to the body, paint, and trim would concern me some though even without flames coming out. Exhaust gas temperatures can be hot enough to cause damage to parts if the piping is in close proximity. Keep this in mind.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exhaust that close to the body, paint, and trim would concern me some though even without flames coming out. Exhaust gas temperatures can be hot enough to cause damage to parts if the piping is in close proximity. Keep this in mind.
So sad news the place nearby would be able to do it but the way the exhaust system is on the 2016 after finding out the picture is a 2019 the body wouldn't fit it. which is a huge bummer but that just means I'll just have to do something else.

Administrator
This makes no sense to me

Premium Member
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT w/ Tech Package
So sad news the place nearby would be able to do it but the way the exhaust system is on the 2016 after finding out the picture is a 2019 the body wouldn't fit it. which is a huge bummer but that just means I'll just have to do something else.
You may not be able to have the exact same arrangement but I have seen a variety of different types of cars converted to side pipes. Almost anything can be fabricated. I actually had a similar idea with my 2016 VT and was thinking about a side pipe on each side with a motorcycle style muffler on each side. Definitely want to keep the diameter small to ensure exhaust velocity and some backpressure. AFAIK the turned up exit on the pipes for the car in the movie is purely cosmetic and may actually hinder performance. Look at how sidepipes are pointed on cars like classic Corvettes or the 427 AC Cobra or even big engine motorcycles like the Honda Valkyrie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts