Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those of you that have removed your front bumper.

With your front bumper off the car, is there a way to remove the front grille and surround? If so, how is it held in place? Clips, screws or something else?

If possible, can someone post a picture of what the inside of the bumper looks like?

Thanks for your help!

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
You can obviously remove it but it doesn't look like it is super easy.

I haven't looked at it closely in the 12 times I've already removed the bumper but I didn't really have a reason to. I need to hook my fog lights back up this weekend so I can hopefully take more detailed pics.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quick question, is there a bunch of electronics for the airbags behind the front bumper frame? I'd like to drill into it to mount my Hella dual supertones, but dont want to drill straight into some sensor lol.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
the sensors are exposed, you will see them.. if you drill through them or the wiring harness you are a failure :p

let me see if I can find some pics of the sensors.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts

at the bottom.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
i knew someone was going to catch that :p this is an older picture but it was the only one I found that had the sensors in it.

·
Registered
373 Posts

at the bottom.
Ah, okay cool, I'll be drilling through the top rebar. Ergh, that stuff is always a pain to get through though!

Got ran off the road by an ignorant semi driver who decided not to look before changing lanes (I could see his face in the mirrors so i know would have he saw me if he looked) he continued to change lanes even with me whailing on the horn. Hoping the new ones get noticed :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
On the topic of the bumper - can anyone confirm that the fog lights use H8 bulbs?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turbosocks, when you take it off next time, would you mind having a look and try to determine how difficult it would be to pop the grille out. I'm not asking for a ton of your time, just a quick poke around and let me know what you find out.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts