Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I first started talking with Leonard when I was trying to get my Methanol kit set up, he was super helpful with knowledge and helping me source a few parts.

I proceeded to talk to him about getting tuned and he suggested to me a few things I should do to my car to prepare for the tune. New coils, HKS M45XL, Fuel line, and water wetter with 20 psi rad cap. Leonard was even willing to help source all the parts I would need and some guidance on how to get a certain piece installed correctly.

It was super easy and hella fast to get tuned by Qwik Tyme. I pulled the files from the ECU while I put in my new spark plugs then went out to get a few pulls for a data log. I email them out to Leonard and before I had gotten back from dinner he had a tune sitting in my inbox waiting to be tried.

2015 Manual Turbo 70k (Injen SRI, CNT Cat less DP, CNT 2.5 Cat back, Qwik Tyme Fuel line, Dual catch can, HKS M45XL, 60mmTB w/ Spacer, AEM progressive meth kit (250cc 50/50% 1-15psi))

Tune- 93E10, 7k red line, 1k Idle, 3.5k Launch control, moderate pops n bangs, and meth 50/50%

Let me just say this thing freaking chugs now it is a very noticeable change from the OEM tune. Hitting boost is actually a pleasant surprise with how strong it comes on and verse the stock tune this boost is delivered a lot quicker. It pulls hard threw all of the rev rang up to 7k and doesn't feel like its falling on its face compared to the stock tune. My poor idle that jumps from 450 to 700 rpm is gone, now sits at a stead 1k with minimal movement. I love the pops and bangs they are not over the top or annoying plus people are very unsuspecting of this car to be any type of rowdy. The launch control bounces off of 3.5k as intended with some nice engine notes and could work as 2 step if you want it to. He was very good at checking on me during the process to make sure everything went smoothly and that I liked all of the parameters that he set for the tune or if anything needs to be adjusted.

RPM.JPG

Boost.JPG

There is such a noticeable change in the power that this thing puts outs it feels like a whole new car. The lift in the rpm's really helps it stretch its legs on pulls. The boost is up almost 7 psi over stock tune with no issues.

Will try to get you guys some pulls and revs to post here.

Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
Love the comparison graphs as I'm all about data and apples to apples comparisons! Pics and videos would also be cool to see!

If you run across a Vitamin C VT be careful as he may or may not be on E85! He posted a review of the 93E10 tune vs another vendor tune already on here. ;-)

Glad you're enjoying the newfound power. Be safe out there.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Love the comparison graphs as I'm all about data and apples to apples comparisons! Pics and videos would also be cool to see!

If you run across a Vitamin C VT be careful as he may or may not be on E85! He posted a review of the 93E10 tune vs another vendor tune already on here. ;-)

Glad you're enjoying the newfound power. Be safe out there.
Give it a little bit and you're gonna have to warn him about me :LOL:

Super Moderator
Competition getting HOT in FL!

Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate

Super Moderator
Sounds good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts