Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get the factory shift boot off the reverse lockout piece? It seems to be sandwiched between two pieces of plastic (on the reverse lockout lever itself). I have a nice suede boot ready to go on!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had a 2015 r-spec i changed the boot on my car it wae 3 1/2 years ago but i believe the outside piece is clipped toward the bottom of the lockout , i remember using a small mini flat tip to work around the space between the inner and outer selves it takes a while to get them apart . you can go the dealer ship , parts department and get a diagram of the parts breakdown it may show a little better how the parts are put together. if you get a new boot that is thicker than the old one it will be very hard to get the to parts bacn together. it may be better to find some good leather that is very thin and have a new boot made. a little more money but you can get better colors and a good seamstress can easily use your old boot to put the pieces together. i think i paid about 35.00 for a couple pieces of good leather andabout 25.00 to have them sewn together . i got a better color match and it was a lot easier to get back together. you want the hole to be a snug fitt around the inner piece so it will not bunch up and make it hard to get the outer ring to slide into place . i went through two different boots before i had mine made it went back together very nicely after that. as far as dimensions use the old boot for measurements you can go just a little shorter from top to bottom but if you go to short it will pull the clip on bezel loose from console so length is important it will always sag and collect dust and stuff Good luck I drove around for a week and a half while getting it right

1 - 4 of 4 Posts