Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so i've found this plug n' play chip thats basically universal for any car called the Race Chip GTS...? Have any of you installed this on your Veloster? If so is it worth it?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
strong pass

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Not a fan of sensor manipulators, meaning that all this does is change voltage readings of certain sensors in order to trick the ECM into adding more power.

While the RaceChip modules have been successful on a lot of EU platforms, we’ve seen a similar product do unkind things to this engine a few years ago.

If you have the resources to pay for an engine replacement should the warranty fail to cover, fine, but overall it’s too risky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Highly recommend! Despite the fact I've yet to dyno, I love it. Search "RaceChip". I've had it maybe 2 months, and I love it. I too was sceptical. However, I did alot of research on the company and went with them. All I can say, I'm glad I did!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Get on a dyno and let's see the stock power then let's see the race chip. Also let us know which one you have. It must not be but so good if you're wanting more power or your expectations are higher than they should be. I hope the unit does not cause damage to the car at some point.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey everyone, so i've found this plug n' play chip thats basically universal for any car called the Race Chip GTS...? Have any of you installed this on your Veloster? If so is it worth it?
hows this going for you , not that im interested in utilizing just wanna see how things are

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got the Race Chip GTS for my 2015 R-Spec and its good in the lower rpms and then the turbo dies out at about 5,000rpm don’t know if I will keep this might be sending it back

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm still hemming and hawing about getting a proper tune on my car. I can't even imagine throwing a confuser chip on it and not being scared to death of it going bang.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
There’s a guy on veloster.org who had one, the unit died after a few months.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts