Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting some 4.5-5" round driving lights on the front of my VT. I have found some 42W LED lights, should be about 6000 lumens for the pair. For reference, a 55W halogen is ~1600 lumens.
Anyways, I've mocked up a picture. What do you guys think? image.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Damn lol. Beat me to it.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I like 'em.

and grats on first post!!!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
i want to run a pair of hella 500s to the left and right of the center brick. i was going to make some brackets and weld them to the core support. i don't pull my bumper off really at all, so if i needed to unbolting the lights from the bracket wouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really like it. Im just nervous to take a hole saw to my grill.... And I think the 3" thick lights would need to be set back in a bit to make it look right.
I'm thinking I would take a piece of steel plate, weld a nut to it and epoxy it to the inside of the brick, then use that to bolt the lights up to the sides of the brick. But I'd still need to cut out some grill material.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
i wouldn't mount it directly to the brick. you will want some sort of real metal behind it. it is really flimsy and brittle.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I really like it. Im just nervous to take a hole saw to my grill.... And I think the 3" thick lights would need to be set back in a bit to make it look right.
I'm thinking I would take a piece of steel plate, weld a nut to it and epoxy it to the inside of the brick, then use that to bolt the lights up to the sides of the brick. But I'd still need to cut out some grill material.
You cant do that. There is very little room between the brick and the impact beam. I had to cut 2 big squares in the beam for clearance. The mounts that came with the PIAA lights were U shaped. I was able to utilize those and attached them the brick portion of the grill. They work great and throw out very good light. They are mounted securely and don't move at all.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You cant do that. There is very little room between the brick and the impact beam. I had to cut 2 big squares in the beam for clearance. The mounts that came with the PIAA lights were U shaped. I was able to utilize those and attached them the brick portion of the grill. They work great and throw out very good light. They are mounted securely and don't move at all.
was wiring pretty easy? did you add a switch in the dash or are they linked with the fogs?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i tried doing this with a 6'' LED bar and it is impossible with the stock crash beam. I eventually got a PMS front crash bar and there still was very little room.
When you say it was impossible, you mean to have the LED bar sit flush with the rest of the grill? Or impossible to mount it at all? I'm OK if they stick out SOME. I just don't want the full 3" depth of the things sticking out past everything else on the grill.

·
Registered
335 Posts
was wiring pretty easy? did you add a switch in the dash or are they linked with the fogs?
If you wired it just with a switch its easy. I choose to make things complicated. I have it wired to allow them to be on when just the LEDs / running lights are on. I also have a switch inside to disable the function. This required a relay, switch, making a nice harness and finding the correct signal wire at the headlight connector. It was very time consuming but it looks factory.

·
Registered
280 Posts
When you say it was impossible, you mean to have the LED bar sit flush with the rest of the grill? Or impossible to mount it at all? I'm OK if they stick out SOME. I just don't want the full 3" depth of the things sticking out past everything else on the grill.
The LED bar was too big and i couldnt make it fit. if you get a smaller crash bar and get rid of the foam it might fit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts