Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!

I was finally able to gather some info about the Rays rims that come with a rally edition car.

It must be some sort of a secret or I lack experience using google, anyway for someone like myself
who is interested in getting another set of wheels it might be useful.

Guess what? they are GramLights and you can find them here https://www.rayswheels.co.jp/products/wheel.php?wheel=57XV&lang=en

Which sucks because Japan is far as far as I know ;D

Anyhow, back to the specs: 18x7.5 with an offset of 54
Rim specs.jpg
And another sticker on there
Sticker.jpg
And how I figured those were GramLights
rays wheel1.jpg
And how I figured they are made in Japan duh
rays wheel2.jpg

Just over 700 dollars for 1 rim (719.92)
3254.04 for a set after tax in Canada - at the dealership

Part Number: 2V529-AB001

If anyone could provide any info on where in Canada a person would get a set of Rays/Wedsspots I would greatly appreciate it. Or if you know a place where I could place an order in US please comment. I imagine it should be possible to get these cheaper, the question is, how? And where?

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
You did everything except get the weight per wheel, which IMO is the most critical factor. Nice deductive work, though.

I have asked a couple of '16 Rally people for at least the wheel+tire weight and nobody has come through yet.

Jumped on Chrome and went to the Rays site and they don't list the weight... How annoying.
X, I posted the weight shortly after I got mine. Don't remember the weight but I believe it was 38-40ish

·
Registered
90 Posts
Rays wheels on Rally Edition weight with tires at 5K miles

I weighed the wheels after a 5K mile on the clock and need to rotate. The weight was 41.3. I included a pic of the weights... not sure how much this is... Thought maybe some of you might want to know this info. IMG_4108[1].JPG

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I have the standard 2015 wheels and tires i bought and just weighed on 47.1lbs for reference. That is the 215/40/18 tire and not the 2016 225/40/18 that came on mine. I'll have to weigh one of those wheels soon but I have Kumho LE's now on.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Wonder if anyone could answer this... does anyone know where I could purchase one of the RAYS center caps? The guy who rotated my tires accidently overtorqued it and chipped part of it, luckily he's offering to pay for a new one for me. However I'm pretty much getting nowhere with Hyundai Parts I'm guessing since it's not Hyundai but RAYS.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It will probably be cheaper to buy 4 new centers caps of that size. Try emailing or calling the company though.
Calling RAYS? It's such a small chip that I'm thinking of just asking if they would rather do some install work for me and not worry about the center cap. It's been a pain in the ass to locate.. I can't imagine it being cheap either

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HI =D

It is possible to get replacement caps from the dealer

2v529-ab010 - 91.26$ center cap (each)
2v529-ab001 - 719.92$ per wheel

Canadian pricing

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
Wrong, byrdsvt. The weight you gave is for the 2013-2015 wheel. These Rays are around 19 lbs. each, based on AZecorod's post above with the combined wheel+tire weight.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wonder if anyone could answer this... does anyone know where I could purchase one of the RAYS center caps? The guy who rotated my tires accidently overtorqued it and chipped part of it, luckily he's offering to pay for a new one for me. However I'm pretty much getting nowhere with Hyundai Parts I'm guessing since it's not Hyundai but RAYS.
You would have to buy them from a Ray's vendor. For some odd reason Hyundai sells these parts for the car but have no clue how to order spares.

https://www.rayswheels.co.jp/products/parts.php?lang=en&r=0&f=0&s=0&t=1

"gramLIGHTS 57Xtreme Center Cap" those are the caps that fit on the wheels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts