Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo as an early Christmas gift 5 days before Christmas an unattentive driver ran a very red light and totaled my Rally!! Im still coming to grips with it!!! :crying: I am now in the process of trying to get a new Veloster and obviously it goes without saying that finding another Rally is not an easy task - Ive been doing alot of searching to see what my options are! My question to you guys is - If I absolutely LOVED driving my Rally - can I switch to a regular Turbo and be happy with it? Some of the options on the Turbo are appealing - but the Rally was pure joy for me to drive!! I dont want to give that up!! :sad: Thoughts??

IMG_20161220_084812278_HDR.jpg IMG_20161220_084824609_HDR.jpg IMG_20170107_105217664.jpg IMG_20170107_105229785_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Ouch. The matte blue (and blue interior) are the only unique feature for the Rally edition really (which is actually just an optional colour for the Australian market). The wheels you can just go aftermarket for. Hopefully you can salvage parts from the wreck that you might want to keep...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You would need to speak to someone in the know, I assume the suspension tweaks (if even that dramatic) made it into the current models too. Personally I would (and have) install coilovers anyway :) And what is the white stuff on your car? It's about 110 degrees outside here!

·
Registered
446 Posts
ohh man I'm so sorry I would be so heart broken if my rally was wrecked. You should salvage the wheels if possible, they are definitely sought after!

Reactions: jbr05ki

·
Registered
143 Posts
Could try for the R-spec, I think the suspension is mostly the same, but the car isn't as unique...

This makes two confirmed down that I know of.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Damn that sucks, but at least you're okay and alive. If you really liked the Rally, stick with it and search for another one. It took me nearly 4 months to get an elite white with blue trim interior back in 2014. But if you can salvage those wheels and they're in good condition, can I call dibs? :p

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Well, you'll miss... The quicker ratio steering, which we haven't found out how to swap over from the rspec/rally to the turbo. The shifter is better, but easily upgradable. The light weight wheels. Finally the suspension.

You won't miss the maintenance on the paint and the fear of never quite being able to repair it. The heated seats are nice. Depending on how much you planned on upgrading stuff, if at all, you won't feel guilty about replacing already upgraded parts that you've paid for.

Really, if you had planned on upgrading suspension parts and wheels on the Rally befote than just save some money, get some extra creature comforts and get the Turbo. If you were happy with the car before than get another Rally because the Turbo is quite a bit less engaging to drive before upgrades.

·
Super Moderator
3,205 Posts
bigbird i dont believe the rack was quickened, the r-spec had different "sensitivity" which can be programmed into your existing car if your dealer is privvy. i had mine done in late 2014.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would say unless you just want another Veloster. you should really get the Elantra Sport.. Its Actually an upgrade.. bigger stock breaks better suspension. the latest and grates form the 1.6tgdi. An actual Front mount intercooler.. Nasty loud stock exhaust. and you are starting with a better base platform.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
What brakes are on the elantra sport? I would get an r-spec. I think the main difference was the rally could get heated/cooled seats, keyless start, flat paint, and nav option.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Probably not super-helpful, but I know the dealership in Goderich, Ontario (Canada) has been sitting on another new Rally since shortly after I bought mine. It's a pretty rural area, and I think I threw off the distribution average by buying their first one. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss.

If you are able to get parts scavenged please let me know I would buy stock parts from you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately as far as parts go - the insurance company is having a salvage company pick up the car today - it's all theirs ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am looking at one Rally that is about 100 miles from me that has very low mileage and is a CPO. Im hoping that pans out but it has been extremely slim pickings looking for this car. I may try to test drive a Turbo just to see how I feel about the suspension and shifter - but my hunch is that I won't be completely satisfied with it ?

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
I believe the rally and rspec have the same suspension... i am pretty sure the difference is the springs. But you wont get the nice Rally rims and paint. Hope the one that is 100 miles away works out...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I believe the rally and rspec have the same suspension... i am pretty sure the difference is the springs. But you wont get the nice Rally rims and paint. Hope the one that is 100 miles away works out...
but I got a R-spec with Rally wheels :cool:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am looking at one Rally that is about 100 miles from me that has very low mileage and is a CPO. Im hoping that pans out but it has been extremely slim pickings looking for this car. I may try to test drive a Turbo just to see how I feel about the suspension and shifter - but my hunch is that I won't be completely satisfied with it ?
Drive the Turbo and see what you think, it has a few more creature comforts that you may like, and you can always mod to your likings. That's what most of us here are doing anyway! :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts