Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
A few of us did.

My new baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny, i remember you being one of the more argumentative guys when our whole "forum war" thing went down. Welcome aboard! Any mods yet? What trim?
I would post the "one of us" pic from toy story but i dont have it.

Sent from sputnik #534

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was protecting my chosen car at the time. ;)

ST1 2014. Got it for 18,500 before TTL new is December after my VT blew up:

Currently Cobb AP3 with a custom tune. Breedt Pedal spacer on the way.

Then CPE RMM and FMIC in a few months.

I can understand that, haha
Very nice. Who tuned you? Im a fan of freektune myself. If you can deal with the vibrations during the break in period, the boomba RMM is very nice, is more aggressive, and cheaper than the CPE. But oh how i lust for a CPE intercooler, lol

Reliability with ST's seems to be hit or miss. Ive never had any major issues with my car now at 35k miles, being tuned since 10k. But my damn horn keeps going out. It broke again today, for the 3rd time in the past year. Wtf ford.

Sent from sputnik #534

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a custom Panda tune and a V3 Stratified OTS.

Every car has its issues. I trust Ford over Hyundai after how my car got put back together.

Ive heard some really good things about panda lately. Almost considering a custom panda tune just to compare to my freektune.

I would say that i trust ford, but im biased. Ive never owned anything but ford. Partially because im kinda young. Looking at getting a new job here soon, and if i can find an E46 M3 for about 10k (ive seen some selling for 12 lately) i will likely make that my project car. Or maybe get a used BRZ and boost it. I LOVE my ST, but FWD has it's limits. I still plan on a turbo swap though. I wont be getting rid of the ST.

And my '70 mach 1 is honestly kinda boring to drive, because im petrified of anything happening to it.

Sent from sputnik #534

·
Registered
168 Posts
Since you guys are going all Fordish up in here, I guess I can admit my secret... I love my VT, but I own a 2005 F-150 in excellent condition, only 57k miles on it. I drive it twice a month to haul garbage to the dump. Seriously.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I was protecting my chosen car at the time. ;)

ST1 2014. Got it for 18,500 before TTL new is December after my VT blew up:

Currently Cobb AP3 with a custom tune. Breedt Pedal spacer on the way.

Then CPE RMM and FMIC in a few months.

Oh, remember how you said you weren't going to mod the ST? How is that working out? lol

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You would be allowed to talk about your WRX STI LMNOP VT though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hopefully the focus's have better luck than the ecoboost escapes. My work has a fleet of them and they have nothing but issues with them, there's always at least one of the 10 in the shop! Electrical, mechanical...

Via Verizon Note 4 Tapatalk

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hopefully the focus's have better luck than the ecoboost escapes. My work has a fleet of them and they have nothing but issues with them, there's always at least one of the 10 in the shop! Electrical, mechanical...

LOL, all cars are not free from issues man come on. Hell my first VT was at the dealer back and forth for > a month and before they could figure it out the issue with the radio/Amp/Wiring. And even after the radio still did weird crap

Had a 99 Mercury Cougar that was in the dealers possession longer then it was in mine.

Had an 89 5.0 that no matter WTF I did to it nothing would break ever. Sold the damn thing for 1k more than I paid for it 3 years later

What I do know is Hyundai has an issue with these 1.6 GDI TC motors. I like the car, so I'll keep it until it decides to let go and if it doesn't even better.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just saying, I don't hate them, seems like anything and everything with a Turbo has issues. You'd think manufacturers would get shit straight after all these years. If it has a Turbo don't cheap out and build it right! :-/ Don't get your panties in a bunch! :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts