Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Real world Veloster Turbo Fuel Mileage

16K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  VeeTee 
#1 ·
I'd really like to know the real world gas mileage the Veloster turbo can produce.

1. Let us know what you have been getting and what type of fuel you use.

2. Let us know if you have a Manual or Automatic

#4 ·
I just hit 1500 miles and I am averaging 29.1mpg according to fuelly and 31mpg according to the car.. I think the way of measuring through fuelly is not super accurate. the car knows EXACTLY what amount of fuel is being injected at any time.. If the Odometer is correct, I would assume it is more accurate.

My mileage has been a combination of highway and city.. Not much of my driving has been with the focus of the BEST MPG.. for example, 90% of my highway driving has been @ 80mph cruise control.

Also, good sized cargo for the majority of my driving. (400+lbs) 2 little kids, wife, car seats, me, stroller.

We also ONLY have E10 blend up here, so that hurts MPG.

Temps have been 90+ the entire time I have owned the car.

I honestly see NO problem getting 38mpg on a highway tank of gas with the cruise set ~65mph.

#11 ·
Just as I did on the first tank. However, the second and third tank when down to 21 and 22 respectively (18.9 and 19.2 by my calculations). This tells me the Trip computer is very optimistic :). Now I am on my fourth tank and I am doing 23.9, but only after I did some highway miles, about 120 miles worth. The ECO graph was showing between 36.2 to 39.7 MPGs on the highway, but as soon as I go into city traffic (stop and go, you know traffic lights and stop signs) it goes way down. I was on a long stretch of city street going 40 mph and it did 32 MPGs. So city driving is the killer here. Still it is doing a bit better than my previous car.

#10 ·
MT Base

On my 150 mile drive home from the dealer the car averaged 35mpg.

Since then with a mix of highway/city I've been averaging 33mpg. One thing I have noticed is that on the highway the "instant mpg" gauge will drop dramatically (to around 25) when going up even a slight incline. If there's a slight decline it will increase to the max (50).

#13 ·
Im on my third tank, 760mi and averaging between 33-35 mpg. Ultimate M/T. 36mi daily commute some hills.

#14 ·
I reset my MPG at any long trip and the only time i really get above 35 is when I play that silly blue max game lol (Although I find it to be more of a road hazard then a fuel saver.)

On a 1.2hr trip the other day I got about 38-39 driving with a feather foot, and that eco button on (whatever it does)

but to and from work about 26-29mpg :D

#15 ·
You are doing good! I am at 23.6 now of mostly city stop-and-go short distance, and very little highway. However, I was able to hit 39.2 on a 28 miles trip (about 20 minutes of driving) and while coasting to get to the exit, it gave me 42, mostly flat highway.

#16 ·
I find on the m/t if you accelerate very slowly and shift @2k rpm it is like night and day on mpg. I have been teaching myself to drive that way on my commutes which allows me for some more spirited drives on the weekends.

#18 ·
ive go 1500 kms on the car now, its a manual , and its got synth oil in it, on the hwy at 105 kph 65 is mph , im getting 5.2 l per 100 km which is around 45 mpg (u.s gallon, canadian gallon is larger ) synth oil really does help, less friction in the engine = means more HP . city driving , i dont even look, because my foot seems to have a problem
:crazy:

#19 ·
Your foot has a problem ? Is it serious ? I can recommend someone in your area...:p

On the separate topic, my VT auto is giving me an average of 8.0L/100km or 6.5L/100km...one time i turned on my ECO and set cruise control at 90 KM/hr...and was able to get as low as 5.7L/100.
This is based on my fifth tank where I tried to conserve as much gas I can...Sixth tank is a whole different story as I was showing off to my new GF and is averaging 10L/100km...It's not good for my VT...it needs a lot of maintenance and tender care...so which one should I dump ?

#25 ·
I have a manual with about 1600 miles on it now and I am averaging about 29MPG. I still have not got one Econo point yet, not like i'm trying but it would be nice to get at least one point.......:smile:

#27 ·
I have a m/t turbo. 1st couple of fill ups I used e-gas, which I was getting around 29-30 to and from work. Work route not much straight aways until I hit the town before going into military base I work at. I switched to non e-gas and have been getting 32-33.6 on the same route. My work route spend has been 60-65 sometime I would speed up to 70 on Fridays. But roads always have troopers or cops on them, so really don't know where they're going to be at at a giving time. I have about 3400 miles on car. Going to attempt to do catch can this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.