Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
they are just reflectors :p there are no bulbs in them.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think attaching them to your Brake lights might be neat...
But creating fog lamps in the rear is a bit inconsiderate to the drivers behind you....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really.... I have a factory one on my 370Z. I believe the safety factor in foggy conditions make it a plus. I would not hook it up to the brake lights though. unless I did it F1 style! lol

·
Registered
373 Posts
Not really.... I have a factory one on my 370Z. I believe the safety factor in foggy conditions make it a plus. I would not hook it up to the brake lights though. unless I did it F1 style! lol
You sure that's not a backup light?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope. Separate switch on the column stalk for turning on the rear fog lamp. Canada only feature.... illegal in the states I guess.

·
2,385 Posts
Europe uses rear fogs A LOT! Also can be used as a parking light when parked at night, kinda cool feature. People turn them on by accident sometimes which is annoying when driving behind someone in perfect weather conditions, but overall a good idea.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
It's not illegal in the states, a lot of European cars come standard with them, but most people don't use them because they don't know what they are. IF you bought our rear reflector light, You could hook up our wire for the brake function to the fog light wire. That would mean you'd have to go through the bulkhead, but if you want it, that's a way to do it.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
modding that unit to light up with your brake lights via a large LED would not be very difficult or expensive to do yourself, or you could get the aftermarket inserts....altho i read that you migh get pulled over for the ones that flash...id go for the normal on/ off ones. In any case if your going to simply "tap " off the brake wires. make sure you use a low power LED not a bulb as it will draw too much current.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Bulbs in the rear reflector won't work either, as there's no space. Yes, in the US, flashing anything is illegal, so go for the normal ones (cheaper, too) if you don't want to risk getting pulled. There's an option now for them to already be placed inside the rear reflector, and not just the LED itself (you'd have to cut open the back and seal it up).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts