Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have 2 versions of the light, 1 that is constant and one that flashes when you hit the brakes, and then goes into a pattern after 5 seconds of continued brake use.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is going to sound stupid, but I love the wave lights.. IS that price per light or for two? And if you guys make this.... have you thought about perhaps making those lights have the Hyundai's "H" in it? OR Maybe a "V" for Veloster? I think that would look awesome rather than the typical wavey thing... tho it still looks cool.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The price is for 2, (everything on our website is for a pair, unless otherwise stated).

Actually, it does require cutting and a drill.

Product Auto part Hand Wheel Machine
This one requires you to also cut off some pieces from the holder, as they get in the way of taking out the middle piece once you've cut it.

Drill a hole through this hole so you can put the wires through.

Red Balloon Helmet Party supply Ball

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can drill the circle, thought putting it back together would mean you have to glue it. We melted it with a "cutting iron tip," which can also be used to melt it back together. Which ever way you do it, be sure the hole your are making is big enough, as the module diameter is almost as big as the reflector.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These still do have the reflector. The reflector part is part of the housing, un-removeable so these will still be legal.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
For those who want the use of these as a turn signal as well, there is another module you will have to buy and it will work as a turn signal while keeping the functions of the driving light and brake light. However, this will ONLY work with the version 1 reflectors (the non flashing type).

I'm going to make it an option on the product page shortly so you don't have to go searching, it'll all be right there in 1 spot.

EDIT: Everything is up and on 1 page on the reflector link above.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is not meant for fog light usage, it's meant for driving/brake light functions, and now the additional turn signal function if one so desires. If you were to use these as a rear fog, there is not enough space for a bulb. You can try to do the mod yourself, but I think you'd have a difficult time securing a bulb. If you could find a bulb small enough to fit, it wouldn't be very bright. It would also be better for use as a fog if there wasn't a reflector so the light could shine more cleanly than through all the plastic ridges, but the reflector is part of the outer plastic and cannot be removed.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the flashing tail light LED bulbs on my motorcycle, never been pulled over for it.

I work downtown next to the police station and have cops on my tail all day...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I understand your kit is for brake light enhancement, but Iwould rather have it work like fog lights. Clearance shouldn't be a major issue as there needs to be about 2 inches max of clearance. The lens might have to be changed too. Things to think about! Maybe I will accept the challenge.. lol

This is not meant for fog light usage, it's meant for driving/brake light functions, and now the additional turn signal function if one so desires. If you were to use these as a rear fog, there is not enough space for a bulb. You can try to do the mod yourself, but I think you'd have a difficult time securing a bulb. If you could find a bulb small enough to fit, it wouldn't be very bright. It would also be better for use as a fog if there wasn't a reflector so the light could shine more cleanly than through all the plastic ridges, but the reflector is part of the outer plastic and cannot be removed.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I understand your kit is for brake light enhancement, but Iwould rather have it work like fog lights. Clearance shouldn't be a major issue as there needs to be about 2 inches max of clearance. The lens might have to be changed too. Things to think about! Maybe I will accept the challenge.. lol
If you REALLY want to be awesome, toss a set of Projector HIDs back there :p

That way when someone is on your tail, you can blind them off :) Haha. Just kidding btw. Dont do it.

Why would you need fog lights in the back?

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you REALLY want to be awesome, toss a set of Projector HIDs back there :p

That way when someone is on your tail, you can blind them off :) Haha. Just kidding btw. Dont do it.

Why would you need fog lights in the back?

Fog lights on the rear have been optional or standard equipment on european cars for decades. In Canada, we get a lot of fog on the hwy's and massive multi-car pileups when people can't see the cars in front of them. Believe me, it is very freaky to be driving along in a clear conditions and then come around a corner or over a hill to find yourself totally engulfed in a fog bank....
The rear fog light is very bright and dispersed, providing a very clear indication that a vehicle is in front of you. I have one on my 370Z and it makes my low riding sports car VERY visible from behind without blinding people. It just makes sense to have them there....

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree, rear fog lights do serve a purpose of safety. I don't know why cars aren't built with them anyway. There are times it's foggy everywhere.

In regards to the 2" requirement, there's not 2" of space between the back of the reflector and the front of the reflector. It's less than 1cm in depth. More like 5-7mm, unless you'd want the bulb to be touching the plastic in front.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree, rear fog lights do serve a purpose of safety. I don't know why cars aren't built with them anyway. There are times it's foggy everywhere.

In regards to the 2" requirement, there's not 2" of space between the back of the reflector and the front of the reflector. It's less than 1cm in depth. More like 5-7mm, unless you'd want the bulb to be touching the plastic in front.
I meant that to create the fog light effect, you would need to manufacture a backing plate to the fog light (Or a complete drop in assembly) to achieve the desired effect.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Red Water Auto part Automotive lighting Vehicle Red Water Plastic
For those wondering, IF you buy these pre installed (it is now an option), the reflector part comes with (as mentioned a few posts earlier) as well as the required E mark (for our European members) and with the DOT insignia (for our American members). No need to fear with this product~ ...Except for the flashing version which MIGHT land you a ticket, depending on the officer behind you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Rear reflector upgrade!!

Automotive lighting Light Red Headlamp Lighting
^This is before (stock)

Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Light Red
^This is after with the new version 2 rear reflectors! I am so ecstatic for these lights!

Reactions: VeeTee and Noeskape
1 - 20 of 154 Posts