Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide which one to go with first. Rear Torsion Bar or Lowering Springs? Both are going to be close to the same price. I plan on doing the install myself, so no need to worry about shop charges. Just trying to decide which one is going to give me the biggest benefits first. Thinking of the lowering springs as it will also improve the overall look of the cars stance.

For those that have done the lowering springs did you get an alignment done after installing them?

Ken~

·
Registered
718 Posts
First actual performance mods I plan on doing come spring will be every bushing and chassis stiffening bar I can get my hands on...just about. I think the single trunk crossbar thing I've seen is stupid as hell and a total waste of money. But pretty much everything else. I'm going more rally style with my car, because It's a dirtbagmobile as well for my snowboarding and climbing and other adventures. So as far as lowering goes, I "may" do springs just to stiffen it even more, and just make sure I get the least amount of lower possible. I'd love to slam it for the looks, but living in chicago and all my other activities make it totally not practical, so forget that idea. Coilovers would be a great solution in that case, but I see myself just getting annoyed raising and lowering all the time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Both are fairly cheap mods if you are doing the work your self, do them both at the same time. If you have to pick, do the springs first.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about doing coilovers, but don't have the money atm. I have enough to be able to do either bar or springs without the better half getting on my case :p Thinking its going to be springs as its going to help with the overall look and feel of the car.

Ken~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts