Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I just dropped my VT on some BC Extreme Low Coilovers. I have heard a lot of great things about the Rear Torsion Bar by Pierce Motorsport, saying it drastically improves the handling of the car. However, after I installed the BCs I havent noticed much body roll and I feel the handling of the car has been drastically improved already. In your guys' opinion, do you think it is still worth buying the Rear Torsion Bar? Do you think it will still make a noticeable difference?

·
Super Moderator
3,265 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't say for sure how much of a difference it made because I did my K Sports and the Torsion Bar at the same time. But It's definitely tightened up the bump steer issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Drive the car, does it under steer? Did you adjust camber after lowering the car. Make one change at a time, evaluate for results on your car and then adjust/modify as needed.If you do an HPDE event you will quickly find out weather or not your car under steers.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Only worth doing the bar if you push the car hard in the twisties and it needs it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I drove two VT on the tail of the dragon same day, one fully braced on lowering springs, one on coilovers only. The coilovers only car actually handled better.

But IF you push the car hard enough and you have coilovers already then bracing and bars will help even more.

The next question is will a rear bar even be compatible with the coilovers because you can't run a rear bar on some.....

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
3,265 Posts
i only use the rear bar and front strut bar. everything else just seems overkill to me unless you're adding a cage, harness, etc...

·
Registered
59 Posts
As a former professional motorcycle and auto mechanic, and as a former motorcycle road racer and aoto HPDE time attack competitor I see so much money wasted. So many parts bought because they look nice or some magazine said we can not live without them. A good set of tires and brake pads and even a modern family sedan will likely challenge our skills. So many street drivers think they are heroes, go to the track and report back. Lower the car, fine, lower the car significantly and you change camber, drive axle angle, tie rod angle. Without stiffer springs you will be on the bump stops. Add stiffer springs and you feed loads into the chassis causing flex. Many of the competition cars using these suspension parts are caged and have body seems welded greatly increasing chassis rigidity. What might seem an improvement a normal street speed my not be when pushed to the limit. There is no substitution when it comes to driver skill or car set up than track time. I am not exempt from this, I thought I was fast with both motorcycles and cars, and then I went to the track. You will learn so much from your car when you can push it to the limit turn after turn. If all you want to do is cruise and impress then by all means throw all the parts you can afford at your car.If you want true performance then take it one step at a time, evaluate each modification, study theory and get some track time.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Well said Mazda3. I see people waste $ as well in these cars. Waste $ as in having parts not needed for their goals or driving abilities or use of the car.

Reactions: RPW00Mirage

·
Registered
29 Posts
Man, I believe that torsion bar has been 1 of the best dollar for dollar mods I've done to my 13' VT ( its literally fully modded, to include lightweight flywheel that'll be here tomorrow). It was night & day difference in handling!!! I've got several friends in a Veloster club here in KC & I recommend it to all of them. I mean, even if you're not doing lots of twistie turnies, its still super noticeable in just everyday driving. The chassis just feels a lot more tightened up. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!

·
Super Moderator
3,265 Posts
it makes the back of the car groan when pulling into parking lots and over speed bumps lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts