Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Veloster TURBO
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2016 Veloster Turbo with 56k miles; I'm kinda lost here, A couple of months ago the car was having really bad Oil Blow-by due to what we thought was a bad turbo then after taking the turbo out of the cart, the turbo needed a rebuild since the wheel was wiggling and moving pretty rough also scoring the inside of the turbo a bit. Took it to get the turbo was rebuilt and finally installed it back inside into the car today, we turned on the car today and let it idle with all the white smoke exiting out to hopefully let all the gunk n stuff out of the turbo and internals, an hour later, we still get oil blowby smoke (white smoke) exiting out the car and getting a P0078 code first active then inactive from a check engine light which links to the Variable Valve timing solenoid or Exhaust Valve Control solenoid. Could those solenoids possibly be the issue of why I'm getting oil blow-by if they go bad?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
do you have normal power when you drive it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,826 Posts
could be a pretty cut and dry repair.. time to check those solenoids.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sound like bad piston oil control rings. If it were caused by valve seals it will only smoke during engine start and then clear out. I will pull the spark plugs to see wich one is dirty with oil and then you will have an idea on wich piston rings are bad. Hope the best for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
any update @REVENGE ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
91 Posts
we still get oil blowby smoke (white smoke)
Hopefully someone somewhere has pointed this out already, but oil smoke is blue; white smoke = burning coolant.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,569 Posts
Blue tint = oil
White and sweet smelling = coolant
White can also be normal condensation in some conditions. Need someone experienced to lay eyes and a nose on it. :)

Reactions: L3g10n
1 - 8 of 8 Posts