Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone from the Houston area have any luck going to the dealer for any kind of warranty work even if they have a lots of mods? Did the dealer give any grief about it or just plain refuse for warranty service?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Has anyone from the Houston area have any luck going to the dealer for any kind of warranty work even if they have a lots of mods? Did the dealer give any grief about it or just plain refuse for warranty service?

Thanks
A recall is different then normal warranty work, I do not believe they can deny recalled work

·
Registered
935 Posts
They cannot deny "recall" work however; If they need to remove modification to perform recall you will likely be charged, they can take note of all of your modifications and deny any future warranty work on that, They can also void your warranty/blacklist your VIN due to modifications on the car

Food for thought

Reactions: Hyoondie and -X-

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Thanks for the reply. I am having issue with the car hesitate a lot during high boost, or heavy footing as you will. I am not getting a CEL anymore since I have replaced the damn Autolite plugs. One of the insulator was broke, lucky nothing came apart.

So now I am thinking it is the fuel line. Since I am also on the recall list.

But if they are replacing it with the same type of fuel line. What will that do?

Since all the consensus I am getting is that we are modded and tuned even with a Tork 0+ tune, for what it is worth we will need more fuel right? So this issue will happen again?

I am at a lost as to take a chance and have the dealer change it out and have my warranty void, or go ahead and bite the bullet and get a aftermarket fuel line?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Hey Thanks for the reply. I am having issue with the car hesitate a lot during high boost, or heavy footing as you will. I am not getting a CEL anymore since I have replaced the damn Autolite plugs. One of the insulator was broke, lucky nothing came apart.

So now I am thinking it is the fuel line. Since I am also on the recall list.

But if they are replacing it with the same type of fuel line. What will that do?

Since all the consensus I am getting is that we are modded and tuned even with a Tork 0+ tune, for what it is worth we will need more fuel right? So this issue will happen again?

I am at a lost as to take a chance and have the dealer change it out and have my warranty void, or go ahead and bite the bullet and get a aftermarket fuel line?
We have seen the problem come back after a few have had the recalled line put on the car. I would say get the recall done so they cant say you haven't then go from there.

·
Registered
171 Posts

In this case, it's not that you need more fuel; you need a fuel line that doesn't kink under high load (which is likely why you are experiencing hesitation during WOT). I don't think anyone on this forum who has gone in for the fuel line recall gotten a fuel line made of a different material than the one that was recalled.

As for whether or not your dealer will void your warranty, that's not something anyone can help you with; you need to talk to the service department at the dealership you plan on taking it in to. There are a number of examples on this forum of dealerships across the country that have been willing to work with customers who have modded their vehicles. Unfortunately, there are also a number of examples of dealerships that don't feel the same way and have denied warranty work based on those mods.

The only thing that we can tell you in no uncertain terms is that if the warranty of the car is important to you, close the hood, step away from the engine bay, get in the driver's seat, and enjoy your car. Any advice beyond that relies on information that YOU need to obtain from your dealership's service department.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The dealer in spring 45n is mod friendly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts