Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for hours and can not find any info on removing the ipod/aux pod. I know I've seen this somewhere but can not seem to find it now. The service website states the center console must be removed first but does not state how the pod is removed. Can anyone shine a little light on this one. Do I really need to pull the center console again? Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
How does their other ends look like? Are they special ends for the HU, or are they basically universal 3.5mm and USB male?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does their other ends look like? Are they special ends for the HU, or are they basically universal 3.5mm and USB male?
Not sure...Still trying to figure out how to get the pod open. I need to run some wiring through this area. I've come across some threads on people adding lights and show the Pod removed. It's probably simpler than I'm making it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
have you removed the H/U yet? I'm wondering what the ends of the AUX/USB cables look like at the inputs of the h/u. Im hoping I can use them again for the upgrade/aftermarket units.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
sfsbe1104l.gif

Once you have removed the console, you can slide the pod out. With the pod removed from its recess, you then have access to the retaining clips on the jack.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
I think he means the actual pod.

You really need to pull out the center console to get in there. Once that's out I'm pretty sure that it only held in with spring clips, but they are at a 30* down angle towards the shifter. Lots of pulling and swearing I remember.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he means the actual pod.

You really need to pull out the center console to get in there. Once that's out I'm pretty sure that it only held in with spring clips, but they are at a 30* down angle towards the shifter. Lots of pulling and swearing I remember.
You're not kidding. Theres 2 hrs of my life shot. Here's what worked for me. There is a slot in the back of it which you can hook with a tool. When appling pressure (alot of pressure) gently tap each side with a rubber mallet. Swear a few times and it should come free. Thanks for the support.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
You're not kidding. Theres 2 hrs of my life shot. Here's what worked for me. There is a slot in the back of it which you can hook with a tool. When appling pressure (alot of pressure) gently tap each side with a rubber mallet. Swear a few times and it should come free. Thanks for the support.
This is 7 years late and you might not even have the car but can you please make a video or at least go in depth of how you took it off? My aux broke in my 2013 hyundai veloster turbo and I still cannot find any video relating to that. Please and thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts