Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that its been said that 3.5” would fit into the center speaker spot… well I didn’t have a 3.5” but I had a 5” speaker.
Also for those with the D 450 watt system the center speaker says it is 2ohm.. I have read some saying it was a 4 ohm system.
Vehicle door Auto part Windshield Automotive exterior Technology
The two metal clips slide off; take them off as you will use them on the speaker.
Auto part Wheel Tire Vehicle Car
This just shows that the EOM speaker is rated at 2ohm.
Audio equipment Technology Auto part Electronic device Loudspeaker
With pliers or a Gerber tool cut away a peace of the plastic ring as you can see it sets right into place an dose no damage to the speaker. Just take your time on this part an it be ok.
Subwoofer Loudspeaker Vehicle audio Car subwoofer Audio equipment
This shows both of them put into place
Audio equipment Loudspeaker Technology Electronic device Electronics
There is a lot of room in this area so you can turn the speaker sideways and the right side up and its setting inside the hole.
Electronics Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Loudspeaker
On this speaker as you can see there is a lip going around it as you are thinking (ok it’s in there but how do you pull it up to bolt it into place) how? So with the Gerber or pliers grab one corner pull it up on an angle and tighten the screw slightly so it holds into place and do the same on the other side took me about 5 min on this part so not that hard as you can see a shaved a little bit away from the opening that was it won’t hit the foam of the speaker.
Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle
Then set the cover back down on it and you’re done, I was impressed with some tones that I hear now whereas I didn’t hear before

I can’t wait to do 6.5” from the rest of them!!!

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
freakin' awesome!! I would really like to replace the stock speakers with something a little nicer. The stock system sounds quite good in my opinion but I feel like it could be better with the 450w capability.

I still can't believe the stock sub is not more powerful, 20 stinkin' watts.. :/ I like it but it needs just a little bit more to be 'perfect' in my opinion..

Reactions: vinhtvu2

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, the subwoofer is a little on the weak side.

But I really dont want to run wiring to add a 10" and a box taking up my trunk space...............

You think the stock 450W will put an 8" subwoofer or a 10"??

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I got a sub woofer system and door speaker components install either this week or next I will post any info and pics i can so you see what your dealing with.... I will say ..... door speakers are riveted in and this is the most annoying aftermarket install I will be attempting yet.
freakin' awesome!! I would really like to replace the stock speakers with something a little nicer. The stock system sounds quite good in my opinion but I feel like it could be better with the 450w capability.

I still can't believe the stock sub is not more powerful, 20 stinkin' watts.. :/ I like it but it needs just a little bit more to be 'perfect' in my opinion..

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
hmm nice the center speaker is a 3.5? i have a set of jbls from my friends old firebird sitting around lol looks like I might use all of the stuff he gave me after all

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
you really have to get some good speakers if you want to upgrade from the dimension stockers. I tried some off the shelf Sony explode coaxial 6.5s and Kicker coaxial 6.5s returned both of them back to the store the same day. I have not yet received my Alpine components , but I expect that they will sound good. Ironically you typically lose bass response with aftermarket upgrades but gain a bit more tweets. I will be leaving the rear doors and center stock to blend all the freQ so that I can get the full range of sound I want w/ a pair of 12's to top it off. Install and Pics coming soon.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think the mids and highs sounds fine in the car already, it's just lacking a little on the base.

I think a 10" or 12" would do the trick on it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im adding 2 tweets in the rear and replaceing the stock sub from 8" to 10" with the same incloser but alot of math make sure it has enough air and ect... it be my next DIY

1 - 10 of 10 Posts