283 Posts
With what ?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congrats, glad you are a happy VT owner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes!!!!! I got the dealer in Delaware to finally agree to $21k out the door!!! The car now has about 550 miles on it after driving it back to NJ!! It honestly looks like it was never driven!!! And it has the optional Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror and also the optional Fuel Door - my old Rally didnt have either of those - so a bonus!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get that garbage factory oil out. Put Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in ASAP.
I should replace the oil prior to the first oil change then? With the better oil how long do you generally go between oil changes - Ive had some places tell me you can go 7500 miles.

·
Super Moderator
1,963 Posts
Yes, replace the factory oil now. On this engine, you don't want to go longer than 3500 miles between changes, regardless of what the dealer says.

Don't listen to anyone telling you a longer oil change interval is ok. It might be ok on other engines, but not this one. Follow the severe service interval in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
446 Posts
yay!!! awesome price :) and yes I agree get the oil changed with Pennzoil Platinum Ultra and Hyundai filter asap! Yay!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I can add those without any factory warranty issues?
Ideally yes, however if it were me and my car was having engine issues that i was bringing in for warranty work i would probably remove it so they don't play the blame game.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I can add those without any factory warranty issues?
They could void the warranty. I personally don't run catch cans because of this, I know they are great for the engine, but if it blows (2013 here) it'll let Hyundai deal with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A catch can is a pretty easy thing to remove if you have to take it. The benefits out way the inconviance of putting it back to factory. Do at least the pcv side. What part of jersey? I am in Burlington.
Ahhhh fellow Jerseyan - Im up in Northern Jersey - Teaneck/Hackensack area - I work in Newark.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Nice ride!! Enjoy, if you plan to keep the car forever and/or on modding, certainly get OCC/s, switch to a full syn oil, preferably one that will help combat LSPI events.

However, if you are going to leave the car stock and plan to have it as a DD car for a few years and trading it on something new, then just leave it alone and anything happens to it and Hyundai can deal with it for the time you own it without blinking twice/no questions asked.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts