Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get my hands on a replacement spoiler, in a different color (namely black), to match my mirror covers. Is this possible? The OEM turbo spoiler isn't listed on your site at this time.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Probably a LOT cheaper to just have it wrapped in black glossy vinyl. And then it's easily reversible if you change your mind/sell the car/whatever.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Factory spoiler is part number 87210-2V500
List price is 549.18. Will not come painted. Will most likely come in a primer grey color.
Looks like most warehouses have these in stock.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Im waiting for an aftermarket spoiler to come out that is larger with a more aggressive look...that requires no drilling. Does the OEM spoiler unbolt easily, or how is it removed?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
List price is 549.18. Will not come painted. Will most likely come in a primer grey color.
What in the world makes a single piece of plastic so expensive? Does that include all the lighting and wiring? I was talking about just the plastic, with the intention to move all my lighting and wiring over to the new one.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
What in the world makes a single piece of plastic so expensive? Does that include all the lighting and wiring? I was talking about just the plastic, with the intention to move all my lighting and wiring over to the new one.
Glossy black vinyl or having it painted will much cheaper.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
photo 2.jpg
sequence spoiler. 334$ shipped off ebay.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Based on that part number, turns out to be way cheaper than $550 and $400. More like, less than $150.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Based on that part number, turns out to be way cheaper than $550 and $400. More like, less than $150.
true. but all our Velosters are made in South Korea, so everything gets shipped and charged amazing shipping fees and taxes (plus their markup, which is sadly, also overpriced). unless you can find a parts re-seller there that's cheaper, shipped here in the USA.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is precisely why I asked exLED. They can get the parts for a reasonable rate. I can't control what Fedex wants to deliver those parts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
After further inspection it turns out us turbo guys can get the lip spoiler separate from the high mount stop lamp assembly.
The bad news is that it really doesn't drop the price too much, 87224-2V500 dealer list $434.81

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I don't know how big it is, but based on my coworkers NAV's spoiler, it doesn't look too big. However, without the actual box...don't really know how to calculate shipping price for you. I would have to guess below $100, though. If you want it for sure, let me know so I can get the official price for you.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know how big it is, but based on my coworkers NAV's spoiler, it doesn't look too big. However, without the actual box...don't really know how to calculate shipping price for you. I would have to guess below $100, though. If you want it for sure, let me know so I can get the official price for you.
I may be ordering replacement SW2 sideskirts from you this afternoon, and if so, I'd be interested in ordering a black spoiler (MZH I think?) to go with it, especially if it's possible to combine shipping at all. The shipping price on the sideskirts is killing me, but one of my was randomly damaged while I was parked. Hopefully insurance will cut me a check and it'll be handled.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
They can be combined, but honestly we've cut it down (the shipping on the side skirts). They come as 1 skirt/box, but we ship with 2 skirts in 1 box. Protected, of course. Not sure if the spoiler would fit in there, though. Maybe wrapped along the outside of the box.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've received my OEM spoiler from exLEDshop. It arrived unpainted and cost $110. It included the complete kit to assemble the spoiler once finished:

Parts List:
  • 1x Spoiler Body w/ integrated studs (primed)
  • 1x Spoiler screw cover (primed)
  • 1x Upper Brake Light assembly w/ integral wiring harness
  • 1x Rear Washer Sprayer Nozzle w/ hose (includes extension to help feed through hole)
  • 1x Foam Gasket for wiring harness and hose (large)
  • 7x Foam Gasket for spoiler body studs
  • 2x Foam Gasket covers for holes in spoiler body (small)
  • 1x Foam Gasket cover for hole in spoiler body (large)
  • 1x Rubber Gasket trim for glass (front)
  • 1x Foam Gasket trim for metal (rear)
  • 1x 3M Adhesive strip for spoiler screw cover (double-sided, automotive)
  • 2x Washer Sprayer Nozzle screws (silver)
  • 4x Brake Light assembly screws (black)
  • 2x Clips w/ integral gaskets
  • 2x Gaskets for clips (medium)
NOTE: Stock spoiler has side foam gaskets that were not included in my kit. I chose to use similar 3M tape in place of these, but made it a point to rub my fingertips all over the car-side of the tape, to decrease the effectiveness of the adhesive. Doesn't seem to impact the difficulty of removal to do so.

Assembly is extremely simple and fast, makes perfect sense once you see the underside of the original assembled spoiler after removal. I don't think you'll need me to explain the assembly but I can take photos of the underside of my spoiler if anyone requests. It really is completely obvious, though.

Installation Instructions:
  1. Paint spoiler body and screw cover.
  2. Assemble spoiler using all parts.
  3. Open tail gate. Notice that the interior trim is made of 3 pieces of plastic: upper, middle, and lower.
  4. Insert plastic trim removal tool between glass and middle interior trim, pull straight away from trim, do not lever against glass. There are 4 clips retaining this trim, and they are replaceable if you should break them.
  5. Now you'll see the 7 nuts that retain the spoiler, as well as the washer hose and brake light wiring harness. Disconnect hose (it will drip but only a tiny amount, don't worry about it), disconnect wiring harness (pry clips up gently, then pull).
  6. Remove 7x nuts using 10mm socket.
  7. Close tail gate.
  8. Stand on the side-rear of the vehicle, facing the spoiler. Grip tightly and pull straight upward with some force, this will remove the clip from that side. Repeat on the other side.
  9. Now you can see all the spiderwebs and grime on the edge of the glass where the spoiler covers it. Clean, because you know you should.
  10. Install new spoiler using the reverse of the prior steps: line up studs and clips, then push down on each corner. Apply nuts. Reconnect harness and hose. Reapply trim after replacing any broken clips.
EASY PEASY. Takes about 10 minutes the first time, but you'll be able to do it again in less than 5 after that. It's extremely simple.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts