Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a pretty basic newcomer to working on my VT, but I would like to replace my low beams with LEDs. I was looking at some CARiD Oracle LED lighting conversion kits but I am not sure if they'd actually fit or if I'd have to do modifications to fit cleanly. I'm not super comfortable wiring and working with the car electronics, etc so if this is beyond me, that's fine, just seeing if I can. Any suggestions or thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I hadn't seen theirs yet, looks very nice. Does it matter if I get H7 or H11? The manual says both (if equipped for the H11) and I haven't done any wiring, is it essentially just unplugging the power from the old socket and plugging it into these instead, and the bulbs fit as normal?
Edit: I don't think they are projector lamps, now that I think about it. So H7 is required, still just uneasy about it fitting and wiring and stuff

·
Registered
22 Posts
if you have a 2016 Turbo you most likely have projector headlights. H11 will be the size you want. These bulbs will fit right into socket. I have a set of these LEDS in my barn right now and a headlight on my bench. i can put them in to check plug and fit. only problem is that i wont be on the forum all weekend. if you find me in instagram (@masterson_customz) you can message me there and i can sent you pics and install info. or facebook (Bryan Masterson)

·
Registered
22 Posts
The O.D.of the bulb housing was just a hair too big for the I.D. of the projector through hole for bulb.
There was a small burr on inside of I.D. in projector. I was able to file out the burr to get it to fit right. but its dangerous doing this because shavings could fall into projector making them dirty and then light would have to be fully taken apart to clean out projector. i held the headlight assembly upside down when i gently filed it and had a small shop vac hose stuffed in there to pull out filings.

the other way would be to lightly sand down the O.D. of the bulb housing untill it fits.

as you can see in first picture i removed the bulb holder from projector to install bulb first, the gasket on led bulbs are pretty stiff and take a bit of force to push them in far enough to turn lock bulb.

i have more pictures, and feel free to hit me up on instagram or facebook for easier conversing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
headlightexperts.com has actual H11b LEDs that have the twist in connectors and everything. I've had mine for about 6 months now no problems. You could theoretically even fit the dust cap back on behind the H11b, but there's a fan on the bulb so you probably shouldn't cover it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts