Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update: Original delivery date was Wednesday. This morning it was updated to TODAY! :D Unfortunately I am busy after work so I won't have much time to play around with it.

Request: Since I have a '13 I do not have access to the update from Hyundai to allow AA/CarPlay. Would someone on here with the fancy new radio be able to get me a copy of that update software? I thought someone posted a link once but I cant seem to find it now that I need it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like I'm gonna need some new wiring and an additional antenna from what I can see so far.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The part number that you initially provided seems to be for the USB cable. I believe I will need 96220-2V805 to go between the telematics unit and the head unit as well as part 96240-2V000. I have been referencing hyundaipartsdeal.com and the parts diagrams for a 2016 has an additional part as compared to the diagram for my 2013. I have included a couple pictures of the back of the radio as well as a couple screen captures of the parts diagrams.

IMG_5084.jpg
IMG_5085.jpg
pre2016.jpg
2016.jpg

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just to document my thoughts for later, I came to the conclusion of needing 96220-2V805 from referencing the harness diagram and getting the part number from the 6" piece of cord still on the back of the head unit. That's all for now.

There are two additional coaxial ports on the back of the unit compared to earlier years' navigation units. I am thinking that one of the ports is for the additional antenna and the other port may be related to HD Radio. The HD Radio logo is on the front bezel near the SiriusXM logo so I am assuming that HD is also built in. If that is what the extra coax port is for then a new sharkfin with an HD antenna might also be needed...

I am still looking for the update software to enable AA/Carplay if anyone has it. TIA.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I decided to try hooking up the radio in the car without the additional antenna or wiring. The results were unfortunately disappointing. Has anyone seen anything like this before with other radio replacements, either aftermarket or direct OEM replacements?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is what I was leaning towards. I found a pin out for older radios and it didn't seem to match the cut off wires that were in the connectors that came with the new unit. Do you have access to the Hyundai service manuals? Is that access something that would be possible to share? :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have access to compatibility lists between different parts? I've mentioned it before but the telematics cable is 96220-2V805. Some other key words I have been seeing during my searches are: 7 INT LCD+SDARS+HD, GLASS ANTENNA - RADIO, ANTENNA TMU, MOBILE TELEMATICS SYSTEM - MTS 3(HIGH), RR WIPER SYSTEM - 1 SPEED. To be honest those are just the fit notes for the 2V805 but I have seen the same phrases on other harnesses and the sharkfin.

Radio Part Number: 96560-2V7114SD
Model: AVCB0GSAN, 4SD, 15Y_2ND

·
Super Moderator
3,267 Posts
move a few wires call it a day!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yikes. I'm just going to throw this out there, but any engineer that decides to mix-and-match so many signals on a group of three physically compatible connectors deserves a special place in hell.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I need to look into it a bit deeper still but my first question is, Matty, do you know what other controllers are on CAN-B. Removing an entire node from a CAN bus makes me a little nervous at this time. I still plan on making an adapter harness and getting this working but first I need to list out the connectors/pins and what wire goes to each for the different configurations.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am absolutely planning on adding extra connectors and wire. I want to ensure that everything is able to be returned to stock. I figure that I will spend this time and money doing this conversion I should at least plan for the option to revert it back and sell all my hard work to get some money back.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts