Veloster Turbo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Sadly no, I have still been checking regularly to see if anything pops up. If I do see something I will post a link here right away.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Does anyone know if there is a Diagnostics type mode on these newer headunits? I have been poking around on all the buttons I can find and haven't found any service hooks yet.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a Diagnostics type mode on these newer headunits? I have been poking around on all the buttons I can find and haven't found any service hooks yet.
Tried looking to no avail. Your best bet is to find someone at a dealer willing to help you out.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mehringe, did you ever get the issue with the microphone sorted out?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Not entirely. The mic does work but I just need to speak extra loud towards it for the person at the other end to hear me. I have unfortunately ended up mostly holding my phone when driving now as opposed to looking into the mic issue. But since I am on lunch now I might have to sort through the schematics some more to see if anything stands out...

2017-05-19_12-11-02.jpg 2017-05-19_12-11-10.jpg

Here are the two connector diagrams for the microphone for the new radio and the old one. The old radio is having the signal being split between two devices (MTS & Head Unit) and the new radio only has the mic being wired to the headunit. With the MTS and head unit both connected to the microphone the signal has to be split between the two. When Hyundai updated to the new headunit and removed the connector to the MTS module they must have recalibrated the sensitivity on the headunit to expect the full signal as opposed to only receiving half.

To get around this I will have to either cut the MTS wires at the microphone or find the MTS module itself and depin the connector so that the signal doesn't have anywhere to go.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I have not sorted out the microphone issue yet. I have been seeing a new issue recently though. When I first installed the unit, the clock would display at --:-- for the first few minutes and then display the correct time for the remainder of the trip. Recently, the radio does not stop showing --:--. In the clock settings menu, there is an option for "GPS Time" or something like that and that is the only option that is available. Even with that turned off I am unable to manually enter the time. Those buttons are grayed out and there is no response when I touch them. I'm thinking I might have to get around to ordering the telematics cable just so I can get a GPS fix and have a working clock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Swap 2016 non Nav with Nav

Hello everyone. After reading this thread, I am motivated to swap out my 2016 base head unit
(96560-2V731) Non Nav.jpg
with a NAV unit( 96560-2v710-4sd)
s-l1600.jpg .
Can anyone identify the connections on the NAV unit? I am guessing one is for the TMU, one is USB, one is radio. one is GPS antenna. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Post #12 has diagrams for the 3 multipin connections on the bottom. The USB connection is the same between the 2 units as are the other single wire connections.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Post #12 has diagrams for the 3 multipin connections on the bottom. The USB connection is the same between the 2 units as are the other single wire connections.
I am assuming since I have a 2016 Veloster Turbo Base that the wiring should match? I am just wondering what the extra connections are for?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Nope. The wiring is different between the Android Auto/Apple CarPlay unit as compared to the unit that is in all prior years and the base '16.

I'm not 100% positive about what the other connections are off hand. I just used the connectors that were in my stock radio harness. There are 1 or 2 that go to the telematics unit and then one that goes to an additional antenna that was added specifically to this radio setup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Joined the site just because of this post.
Trying to add the same Nav, head unit as mehringe into my Wife's 2017 Base.

Thanks for the info so far.

Bob

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am really in need of the pinouts for the 2017 Nav Unit and for the 2016 without Nav, but with Bluelink. Dealer says that it should be plug and play but it is not. I have tried two different 2017 Nav units but get the same problem with both. ANYONE that can get me these two pinouts will be a hero for life. Help HELP!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
search for mehringe i believe he had a pinout somewhere.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am really in need of the pinouts for the 2017 Nav Unit and for the 2016 without Nav, but with Bluelink. Dealer says that it should be plug and play but it is not. I have tried two different 2017 Nav units but get the same problem with both. ANYONE that can get me these two pinouts will be a hero for life. Help HELP!
Same boat right now, did you ever find the pinout? I've spent about $600 trying to get Android auto at this point, but I feel I'm getting closer at least. If we could find the pinout for the 2017 with nav and 2016/17 dimension without nav I think it should be pretty easy to swap the pins around.

EDIT: Found this schematic along with the ones in post 12, going to try to repin my harness next weekend to see if I can get the 2017 Android Auto Nav unit working in my 2016 VT with Dimension Audio:

Stock Dimension:

M02 A.JPGM02 B.JPGM02 M.JPG

2016 Nav/Dimension (hoping this is the same as the 2017 nav)

61 - 80 of 87 Posts