Veloster Turbo Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know slightly different topic ,anyone put anything else into a '13 non-Nav veloster? I mean like either a '14 or '15 Nav unit or anything newer? Wiring would possibly be a nightmare I'm guessing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Update: so the wiring in my dash doesn't match the color coding of any of the schematics I've been able to find. Yay. The speaker wiring portion seems to match perfectly, but the other plug that carries the can bus stuff doesn't match anything I can find. Going to try to search some more for other schematics.

Update update: Found it, working on figuring out how to repin it now:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Update 3: Just go aftermarket if you have a 2016 without navi. Repinned everything that would match between the radios, and I got it to the point where the dash wouldn't freak out when I would plug it in, but without running a new jumper for power the navi unit will not power on. It seems the main power lines are not compatible so I'm just going to give up and get an aftermarket radio installed. Anyone want to buy a 2017 Navi unit or 2017 Andoird Auto/Non navi unit?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was so ready to do this, I don't even care about apple carplay, but since my radio has some issues (bluetooth) I was gonna buy a used nav unit for my non-nav unit car. But seeing how they kept switching the connections and wiring.. f that. I'm planning to get an aftermarket something, but none of that sunk-in the dash deep radios, those are annoying to use, I was thinking about units with the detachable large bezel units, which pops out and the angle can be adjusted. Not this particular model but something similar:

·
Registered
62 Posts
does this post apply to a 13 w/ nav HU swap to a 16+ /nav HU? I have a 13 w/ NAV and would be cool to have android auto. . . .

·
Registered
315 Posts
Not entirely. The mic does work but I just need to speak extra loud towards it for the person at the other end to hear me. I have unfortunately ended up mostly holding my phone when driving now as opposed to looking into the mic issue. But since I am on lunch now I might have to sort through the schematics some more to see if anything stands out...

View attachment 82170 View attachment 82178

Here are the two connector diagrams for the microphone for the new radio and the old one. The old radio is having the signal being split between two devices (MTS & Head Unit) and the new radio only has the mic being wired to the headunit. With the MTS and head unit both connected to the microphone the signal has to be split between the two. When Hyundai updated to the new headunit and removed the connector to the MTS module they must have recalibrated the sensitivity on the headunit to expect the full signal as opposed to only receiving half.

To get around this I will have to either cut the MTS wires at the microphone or find the MTS module itself and depin the connector so that the signal doesn't have anywhere to go.
I know this is simple mindedness, but the pre 2013 is reversed to the 2016 (plug clip is upside down on the 2016)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Swap 2016 non Nav with Nav (SD slot card).

Hello everyone.
I have Veloster Turbo 2016 non Nav headunit.
I too would like to swap out my 2016 base head unit for head unit with SD slot card.
@mehringe Do you have an ready adapter for sale that will connect new head unit with SD slot card?

If you did it, I too would like have an Apple CarPlay in my Velo 2016.

Greetings

·
Registered
2 Posts
than was a long tread i have a 2015 with nav and i was wondering on how to get the connector or redo the pin out to replace the radio and have it working with and upgraded head unit

81 - 88 of 88 Posts