Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone has tried retrofitting the new cluster to a previous model? I really like the look and additional gauges.
16.jpg 13.jpg

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wiring is nearly the same. It will need an additional wire to display the ambient temperature. The plastic piece on top of the steering column will also need to be replaced. Greg from SoCal Garage Works has a 16 cluster in his 13.

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is easier than you think. I've done many cluster swaps over the years. Last one was an optima sx cluster into an Ex model. You just got to stay on the up and up as far as accurate mileage. The dealers can read true mileage recorded on the ECU.. Off mileage = no more warranty. This may be hard for you to find an 2016 cluster that represents your true mileage on the 13'. You can have used clusters reprogrammed to match your mileage but shops that can do it are few and far between and will charge around $150 on top of the price of the cluster itself. Not really worth it for the two Lil analogs you get. IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the cluster for $112 and the dash trim for $29. I am extremely pleased with results. Even more awesome with my 2016 seats.

·
Super Moderator
3,545 Posts
Nice!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Does anyone have the part no. of the trim piece required for the swap. Also the ambient temperature rewiring details if anybody has them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah I’ve always been interested in this too. Any info would be great

·
Registered
328 Posts
They call it out as the supervision cluster.
cluster.JPG
clustera.JPG

Example vehicle was a 2017 to weed out the old style.

·
Super Moderator
3,545 Posts
i thought i read that there was some trouble with the mic functionality...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well I can confirm that this is indeed plug and play. But for the life of me, I can not find a reprogram service. They all say that they don't have the coding available yet to correct the mileage on the clusters.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts