Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, got my Velox rims (Costco) and 3 of 4 have cracked. So frustrating! I am running 225 / 40 / 18 with wheel adapters, hopefully not causing issues.

Anyone else?

Greg

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
thats the breaks with a small sidewall. roads really bad? maybe move to a 17.

wheel adapters? do you mean wheel spacers?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the roads are pretty bad, so I am sure that is a contributor.

There is a difference between spacers and adapters. Spacers simply go between the wheel and mount (less ideal) and adapters have their own lugs.

May have to go back to 17s... ugh

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
so... do you have spacers, or adapters? you did not specify.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
right, i was curious about the clarification. so your wheels are not the correct bolt pattern?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
you have wheel SPACERS with the SAME bolt pattern.

not wheel ADAPTERS which CHANGE the bolt pattern.

that is what i was getting at in the beginning.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you have wheel SPACERS with the SAME bolt pattern.

not wheel ADAPTERS which CHANGE the bolt pattern.

that is what i was getting at in the beginning.
Not necessarily. As explained by my bro-in-law (who builds cars for a living), a SPACER is simply a unit with holes (no lugs) whereas an ADAPTER (with it's own lugs) can be used to alter the bolt pattern OR when you want a more secure way to offset the wheel while maintaining the same bolt pattern.

Hope this helps

Greg

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thats for anything under 10mm you can use longer studs, but 15mm in the front, 20mm in the rear is the recommended size. They do have their own studs. If you are running 20/25mm spacers they need to be bolted to the hub, and the spacers studs would bolt the wheels on. If all you did was put longer studs on the wheel hub to be able to bolt the wheels on, then that why the rims are cracking - to much stress. Check out https://garageline.com/

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Ok, so you have spacers, not adapters as stated.....

Are they hub centric? What tire pressure do you run? What wheels are you running specifically? Roads must be bad and you do not know how to avoid the rough areas or simply can't and just drive too fast over them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts