Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone rolled or pulled their fenders for their VT? I am having major rubbing issues with the sharp edge on the fender of our car. It's slicing up my tires. I wanted to roll that in, then i'm sure the rubbing should stop.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Moar camber!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
And....moar camber!

·
Super Moderator
2,478 Posts
how bad is it? are you really that low? also erik can roll it i believe he has a really great tool that can get it done

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had to roll mine with xxr 531 with 235/40/18 8.5 width. The rears are on as long as I don't have a ton of weight in the back 20140319_165130_Richtone(HDR).jpg

It's also pulled slightly to give me a inch more room to work with

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
this is the only reason my fenders haven't been rolled yet. They're so dang thin they get pushed out on the outside no matter what from what I've seen. It's clearly noticeable on an Veloster with rolled fenders and would bug the crap out of me. I may get mine shaved instead.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
For some reason hyundai and kia have a facination about tapering the fender lip in the center. They really suck to roll, the fenders on my car already have the bacon look to them from slammed coilovers and the 8.5 +35 wheels i have on it, so once we get a free minute we are going to see how aggressive we can get the a pull.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
For some reason hyundai and kia have a facination about tapering the fender lip in the center. They really suck to roll, the fenders on my car already have the bacon look to them from slammed coilovers and the 8.5 +35 wheels i have on it, so once we get a free minute we are going to see how aggressive we can get the a pull.
It'd be so much easier if the lip went all the way through. I'm planning on 8.5et35 wheels as well but I'll be running 215/35s to get a little bit of stretch and full camber.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
It'd be so much easier if the lip went all the way through. I'm planning on 8.5et35 wheels as well but I'll be running 215/35s to get a little bit of stretch and full camber.
Im planning on some track wheels 17x9 +42 with a 245/40 but not full low

·
Registered
154 Posts
Im now having this problem. Stock wheels. 20mm spacers K-sport coilovers in the front. It seems to be just that lip that is cutting up my tire. Has anyone ground it off and smoothed it out under there?

·
Registered
154 Posts
More Camber= Alot more tire wear?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
We used a fender finisher on the front of the wheel well..all that was needed. I'm running -1.5 front camber and zero/nuetral toe.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Slightly.. But being black u don't notice as much as lighter colors

·
Registered
154 Posts
Im still learning this Sh*t. My alignment buddy says it will wear my tires and on here Alek says no if your toe is on track. What the Hally Berry am I supposed to do?:serious:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Im gonna stiffen up my damper in front and see if that helps a little for now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts