Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, been a while since I’ve been active.
Ive had a great run with the car with little to no issues, did have an ignition coil failure for coil#3, twice, that was covered under warranty.

Recently I started feeling the same symptoms as the coil issue: rough idle and at times it felt and sounded like a Porsche Boxster or a subie with the rumble that isn’t normal. If kept under 3k rpm no stall or major issues.
1 month later it just got worse, rough idle, misfire, stall if I push it too hard.
I immediately thought the coil replacement.
Hooked it up, ran the code, and got P0301.
I ordered up new sparks (pulstar), new ignition coils (herko), but this time it didn’t fix. Exact same rough idle and smells like it’s running rich.
throughoit all of this the turbo has not failed and no loss of power if I pushed it, even through it feels and sounds terrible.
Car has 88k, maintenance has been kept up, synthetic oil change as per specs etc.

Anything else I can try ?

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,411 Posts
Oem spark plugs for a 16+ VT, oem coils, 91+ fuel. If this does not solve it then aftermarket fuel line.

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
292 Posts
Could be a long shot, but that could also indicate a timing issue. Cam or crank position sensors could be the culprit, just a lot harder to test

1 - 7 of 7 Posts