Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am still pretty new to the forum but I know this is the place to be to get any answers. I have a plain jane stock VT with 19x8.5 vossen cv3's all around and it is very aggressive and vossen suggested I get different wheels but this is the look I wanted. Now, I took multiple people home a week ago and rubbed just about the whole way. I thought it was on the inside and you would never be able to see it but due to the offset the outer lip of the back quarter panels got all the paint chipped off and heated up so much that it turned brown in parts. All I wanted (expected) was to take off the old wheels and put on new ones and be good to go, not the case. Now I know I could do a whole new suspension, spacers, coilovers, camber but I dont want to spend alot of money on this. There should be an easy fix I feel like. The ride is already rough as hell compared to my previous vehicle and I dont care to go any lower and deal with all the road conditions and troubles that brings.

So, is there any type of rubberized spray or a hard strip of some sort that I can place along the edge of the outside lip of the back quarter panels? I personally think that adjustable coilovers is most likely the best way to go but I keep hearing mixed reviews about squaky problems and more trouble. Please anybody give me my options. As most of you know with the elite white vt's we have the most difficult paint ever to deal with as it is a tricoat pearl white and requires 3 coats and half of the car painted to match just for just an inch of space (I was quoted over 3 grand to fix both spots). Stupid. Some touch up paint will be fine (nobody can see it) and whatever suggestions you guys give me. Thanks for your time and hard contemplated consideration, team.

Thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You're driving on a dangerous setup if you're rubbing like that. It may not be cheap, but a fix that is safe is better than having an accident. You went with a setup the wheel manufacturer advised against, don't be cheap on making sure your car is safe.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
You will either have to add camber, roll possibly pull fenders, get different wheels or tire and finally not have your car loaded down. Not many options if the wheels are too aggressive of fitment to work properly. What was the offset of those wheels

·
Registered
567 Posts
I agree with Tork. There is no easy fix for this. You honestly should have thought this through and taken the advice that was given to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[email protected] its a 30 offset I believe. I went through discount tire when I got the wheels and they assured me that if they didnt think it was safe there was no chance they would have let me drive off. Vossen advised against it only because they have not seen or heard of the cv3's on a VT and they knew the wheels would stick out a little. I did think it through and I spoke with a guy that has the exact same set up only on a regular vesloter. He seemed to not have as many issues. I appreciate everyones input so far but its like I am being sent to the corner instead of what I NEED to do. I am going to keep the wheels because I have been obsessed with them before I could drive now I just need to make it work. Spacers? Coilovers? Thanks

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You will either have to add camber, roll possibly pull fenders, get different wheels or tire and finally not have your car loaded down. Not many options if the wheels are too aggressive of fitment to work properly. What was the offset of those wheels
The advice was given. Camber & roll/pull is the primary option. You're not being put into a corner, but given your requirements of keeping the wheels and asking for a cheap solution, your options are limited.

Reactions: -X-
1 - 8 of 8 Posts