Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having trouble with their Screensaver? Sometimes I like it quiet when I'm driving, so I have it set to show the clock when the AV system is turned off, but it stays on the setup screen, or the Info. :question:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is anyone else having trouble with their Screensaver? Sometimes I like it quiet when I'm driving, so I have it set to show the clock when the AV system is turned off, but it stays on the setup screen, or the Info. :question:
No problem here. If you choose the clock as a screen saver, just press and hold the power button (volume) and it will turn off the HU completely. You should see the clock, or what ever you choose as a screen saver.

·
Registered
128 Posts
No problems with my screen, I just can't figure out how to link it to a custom image like I was told it could do. I can view the images off my USB drive but couldn't find any option that allows me to select it as a screensaver.

·
Registered
730 Posts
No problems with my screen, I just can't figure out how to link it to a custom image like I was told it could do. I can view the images off my USB drive but couldn't find any option that allows me to select it as a screensaver.
You first need to upload the picture to your HU; can't remember the exact steps to do so, but they are in the manual. Then you can set it as the screensaver.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boy is my face red. I was just hitting the power button to turn off the radio, which I thought meant the AV system was off. Holding it for a second did the trick. Thanks!!:cool2:
No problem here. If you choose the clock as a screen saver, just press and hold the power button (volume) and it will turn off the HU completely. You should see the clock, or what ever you choose as a screen saver.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Boy is my face red. I was just hitting the power button to turn off the radio, which I thought meant the AV system was off. Holding it for a second did the trick. Thanks!!:cool2:
LOL! Don't feel bad; it took me a minute to figure it out also. And to have a picture, you gotta load it first, then choose it as the saver, then you can see it with the HU off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Too bad the screen saver can't be used while the radio is on!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Too bad the screen saver can't be used while the radio is on!!!
Now this would be nice! Driving on the highway in total darkness with the screen glowing in your face is a pain in the a$$.

Reactions: Trajic_1

·
Registered
193 Posts
Now this would be nice! Driving on the highway in total darkness with the screen glowing in your face is a pain in the a$$.
Actually, you can have your radio/cd/mp3/bluetooth/xm whatever playing. Go to settings, then display -- there is a "display off" does the trick. I wish it was quicker to get to though... I, too, feel like it's too bright at night, even on the lowest setting.

·
Registered
407 Posts
How do you get the display back on afterward?

·
Registered
193 Posts
How do you get the display back on afterward?
Any "media" controls on steering wheel or any of the buttons on the A/V console will work. Or, of course, you can go back through the settings button. This is actually another frustration for me though. I'd like to be able to adjust the volume, or change channels with presets on steering wheel without the screen coming back on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It would be nice if it worked like any other screensaver does. My brother has a Ford Edge and it comes on automatically . Looks nice!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that after work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes.. even the "DIM" setting is blinding on dark roads - I have to turn off the screen at night

·
Registered
618 Posts
Dumb question of the day... Would a piece of tint on the screen help dim it more?

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
yeah, especially since it is a pressure sensitive touch screen (welcome to 2003) the tint will not affect the touch screen capabilities.

I can't stand the stock units screen. If it wasn't for the NAV. I would get rid of it.

I already somehow scratched up the screen cover, and all I have used is my finger on the screen, WTF?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
You know i didn't think of it to just now... where is the screen protection option for this .... ?
yeah, especially since it is a pressure sensitive touch screen (welcome to 2003) the tint will not affect the touch screen capabilities.

I can't stand the stock units screen. If it wasn't for the NAV. I would get rid of it.

I already somehow scratched up the screen cover, and all I have used is my finger on the screen, WTF?

·
Registered
170 Posts

significant other might have scratched it with rings , like mine did to the window tint

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wanted to use the veloster logo that comes loaded in memory and it does not work, only the blank or the clock works as a screensaver. Did anyone get the logo to work?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts