Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody is wondering what or if chains will fit on our cars, I can confirm that The SZ133 from Security Chain Company work great! The clearance is perfect, there's no play in the cables once they're on and no scratches on the rims. Install is about as easy as any other snow chain (pain in the ass), but it has a break in the middle of the one side of the chain so you can swing them around the wheel and connect it together without having to drive onto the chains. I drove to Lake Tahoe this weekend and Had to put chains on and drive with them for about an hour at 25mph. Ride is rough and buzzy when you're going under 15mph, but above that it's pretty comfortable. The instructions say you can go up to 40mph with them on, but I would never go over 30. No obvious alignment issues afterwards. They're very durable too. I ended up driving on raw pavement for about 10 miles and when I took the chains off they just looked a little scuffed up. Got some nice pics. They even look good on the wheels I have. The SZ133 fit perfect on 225/40R18 wheels. Stock wheels are a half inch slimmer than that and they'll definitely work on them too. There's a link to the size chart on the Amazon page listed below so you can find a set that will fit with your wheels. Great buy! Sorry about one of the pictures being completely unrelated. I can't seem to delete it. MODS HALP PLS.

$78.99 on Amazon
Amazon.com: Security Chain Company SZ133 Super Z6 Cable Chain for Passenger Cars, Pickups, and SUVs - Set of 2: Automotive

IMG_0468.JPG IMG_0469.JPG IMG_0472.JPG IMG_0473.JPG IMG_0474.JPG IMG_0475.JPG IMG_0477.JPG IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0481.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
not bad!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·