Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on replacing my shift boot today, but ran into some issues after removing the knob. I wasn't able to pull the shift boot up with the clip since the reverse lock is keeping it in place :\ . I've tried searching around the forum but wasn't able to find a DIY for this, can anyone give me a clue how to get past it? Appreciated !

·
Super Moderator
3,073 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2016 Rally Edition, strange I see that the pdf you listed he was able to just lift it off. I'll try again and take some pictures and/or a video showing my dilemma tonight. It definitely seems like the reverse lock lift up isn't letting me pull it out.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have a 2016 Rally Edition, strange I see that the pdf you listed he was able to just lift it off. I'll try again and take some pictures and/or a video showing my dilemma tonight. It definitely seems like the reverse lock lift up isn't letting me pull it out.
Any solution to this?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Reverse lock definitely doesn't not let the boot out. Luckly of was only attempting to remove the trim piece attached to it on the manuals anyways.

·
Registered
246 Posts
image.jpeg
And it came off as so. I know the boot is not fully off but I hope this gets you one step closer :smile: by the looks of it the boot detaches from this bottom peice now if someone can figure out the reverse lock.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah interesting.. nope lol I have not figured this out. I simply gave up at the time but I know it can be done because my OEM shift boot was damaged somehow, and I had my dealer replace it for free. Should've asked the tech how they completed it...

if anyone has changed their shift boot and can share some insight, pleaseee offer some feedback

·
Registered
246 Posts
I noticed mine had a hole on it yesterday I don't feel like removing my mods though to bring it :disappointed: so I'm bound to run into it I'll let you know if I figure it out

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
i changed mine on a 2013 and its way different.. This one looks built 100% better. On the 2013 the boot came off with the knob, then you had to pull the knob and reverse lock out trigger apart using small flatheads. Then carefully pull the boot off (It is glued).

The knob should unscrew counterclockwise and the boot should come with it.. It will feel like your going to break it as its on there tight and will take two hands to loosen.. Thats where i would start.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts