Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As we are close to becoming a dealer for Cosmo Racing short shifters, I had an idea for custom shift boots for the stock and aftermarket shifters for the VTurbo.

Reason being, the stock boot wont work with the Cosmo shifter and the universal junk on ebay just wont cut it.

Last night, I took apart my wife's shifter boot on the Turbosocks VTurbo and cut up some hard faced dark charcoal suede and had the wife stitch it together using matching orange thread.

I think the results were fantastic.

Anyone willing to send in a boot will get a FREE boot in their colors of choice for helping get this moving.

I really like the luxury suede look vs. the stock stiff cheapy leather and if you guys use the same physical shift assembly, the short shifter version will be required to make it look nice anyway.

Here are some pictures of the first go at the Veloster Turbo shift boot. Will be slightly revised to have a tighter color stitch.

Pardon the dirt :p Interior needs a good cleaning :D

IMAG0535.jpg
IMAG0536.jpg
IMAG0534.jpg

Pricing on these will be 25$ and will include options for stitch colors and a few options for suede colors. If you guys have a glued fabric to knob or fabric to base like our stock shifter, a small vial of fabric glue will be included!

Reactions: sway and Mr.MattyV

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
probably can get alcantara but as fabrics are typically half yard to yard minimum, unless there was a high demand, one boot would be $$$.

Any reason you are interested in alcantara vs. suede?

Alcantara is more for fabrics that will take abuse with a similar feel and look of suede. A shift boot will get very little abuse.

Reactions: sway

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
probably can get alcantara but as fabrics are typically half yard to yard minimum, unless there was a high demand, one boot would be $$$.

Alcantara is more for fabrics that will take abuse with a similar feel and look of suede. A shift boot will get very little abuse.
I like the black. Can you do a thicker stitching so the orange pops more?

Considering getting the shifter and this now. Grrrrr my parts need to sell.

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can look for a thicker stitch , but yes I can just need to find it. Will stick out more when it's tighter.

Since it is looser and uses white under thread, it doesn't pop as much.

·
Registered
309 Posts

Eh I had one in my ms3 and loved it, I'd get one of these now just bc it's a good price. If you could maybe get a quote, and if more peeps are interested then it could work out.

Also could you do stitches front and back?

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
Eh I had one in my ms3 and loved it, I'd get one of these now just bc it's a good price. If you could maybe get a quote, and if more peeps are interested then it could work out.

Also could you do stitches front and back?
I will also pay for Alcantra when we get a quote.

For now I will take one of these. :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ok so if I get in on the Cosmo ss I get the suede boot all for 160? If that is the case I'll just do that.

·
Registered
276 Posts
IMG_06611.jpg

Here's mine! :) Thanks Nate!

Reactions: sway and Turbosocks
1 - 20 of 24 Posts