Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the VT still be fun to drive using the Shiftronic feature? Will it still perform close to a manual. I'm asking because the Marathon Blue that is expected to arrive at my dealership and being the one I want is going to be an AT but I want a MT BUT I really don't want to wait.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The automatic transmission is a torque converter type isn't it? I was dissapointed that they couldn't go with a DCT type auto trans on the turbo. I was considering the DCT before I decided to wait for the VT. For me the AT on a VT would be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tried both, manual is much better IMHO, paddle shift look cool but really feel like AT, it's not as direct as a manual gear box.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
The VT I test drove was in AT and I drove with the shiftronics and honestly I still had fun. I had all the fun in the world when I drove my R-Spec Genesis but it was time for something different. Plus I didn't really see the point in having a hatchback in manual so I pulled the trigger on the shiftronics which was pretty awesome and now I can truly understand why the IS F (one of my dream cars) are not available in manual transmission, which I didn't get till now.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Will the VT still be fun to drive using the Shiftronic feature? Will it still perform close to a manual. I'm asking because the Marathon Blue that is expected to arrive at my dealership and being the one I want is going to be an AT but I want a MT BUT I really don't want to wait.
It's still a blast to drive, personally I bought my VT to be a daily driver and then it surprised me as to how fun it really was! So the A/T is easy in traffic, and yes I will say it is still fun to drive....

I've driving a flappy paddle RX8 in the past and when changing down it would wait a few seconds and it lagged changing up to, whereas the double clutch in the VT seems MUCH snipper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts