Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hit a pothole just now, put a hole in the tire and dented my rim pretty bad.
Sitting on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck to take me to the stealership, who is closed. Looks like I don't have a usable car until the morning....
Really wishing I had bucked up and bought the spare... image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,473 Posts
Sorry to hear, on the bright side i know a mobile guy you can call that can fix your rim for 75 dollars who will make it look like nothing ever had happen. i've been driving for 3 years without a spare; don't sweat it. just be on the look out for pot holes. lol their's one in my area that's practically in the middle of the road. i avoid it by driving in the yellow triple striped which doesn't affect incoming traffic at all to avoid it. they tried fixing it the lazy way once by covering the pot hole which became a pot hole a few days later. they should seriously consider covering about 7ft wide and 7ft in height to make sure it has enough support but noooooo they won't learn yet. a few more complaints to the city im sure will do the trick. luckily they havent caught me yet otherwise i'd be suing the city for damages. lol i'd find some way.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just get a spare tire kit and have peace of mind. 2VF40 AC910 Ironically, you'll need to buy a tire for it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a spare kit with tire for $200 from a dealer in Lakeland, FL on eBay. It delivered today. I feel much better having a spare. I figured the fix a flat kit could still come in handy, I just need to find a spot for it.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I've never understood how the Veloster can be sold in the US without a spare when there's one supplied with Canadian cars.

Reactions: orbeavhawk

·
Registered
448 Posts
Actually, some countries require by law that cars are supplied with a spare tire. The USA has no such law.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I always bring a spare tire especially during long trips. It's a different brand of tire but has the same size with the ones installed in my car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had been meaning to buy one but hadn't made it a priority (mistakenly). Of course, I got stranded... I have one now, I don't want that to happen again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts