Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys and girls!

How many NAV (Naturally Aspirated) Veloster owners do we have around these parts? Would you guys with the NAV be interested in a lightweight Alternator pulley (possibly slight underdrive for better performance) to go along with your NST Crank and Water Pump Pulleys?

Why NAV only and not turbo? From what we can tell, the NAV and turbo models have different alternators and alternator pulleys...

The NAV looks to have a standard pulley, while the turbo has what is called an ADP. Here's a good explanation of these newer style ADP...

While the NAV and turbo models use the same crank pulley and water pump pulley, on the NAV has a standard solid alternator pulley. The standard solid pulley (NAV) is the type we can offer at this time. If enough members in the community are interested, we can offer a lightweight pulley, and possibly one that can slow the alternator by about 10% to help free more power and torque to send to the wheels.

If interested, please speak up. R&D can only occur if there is enough interest from the community.

LINK TO NST Crank & Water Pump Pulleys: http://www.shopnonstoptuning.com/store/p60/2011_-_2016_Hyundai_Veloster_Pulley_Kit_NST31600K_.html

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'm not sure there are any NAVs on here, maybe try ************* if you haven't already hit them?

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,231 Posts
Why would the ADP be used on turbo and standard pulley on the NAV. With same belt routing, pulleys, interchangable alternators, etc other than this difference it would seem ok to have standard pulley in place of the ADP on the VT's.....
Have not heard of any NA version of this motor that uses standard pulleys having any issues as what is stated in the video.....

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why would the ADP be used on turbo and standard pulley on the NAV. With same belt routing, pulleys, interchangable alternators, etc other than this difference it would seem ok to have standard pulley in place of the ADP on the VT's.....
Have not heard of any NA version of this motor that uses standard pulleys having any issues as what is stated in the video.....
I agree with you on all of the above... I just don't know if enough turbo guys would be willing to go that route.
As I stated previously, the crank pulley and water pump pulley are the same.

Has anyone here with a turbo model ever used the nav alternator and/or pulley?

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,231 Posts
Put me first on the list if/when you make this..... Make a lighter idler pulley while yall at it and put me on that list as well.....

Talking from experience and others that have done so on other platforms, there is not much con to speak of when going from ADP to standard pulley.....

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put me first on the list if/when you make this..... Make a lighter idler pulley while yall at it and put me on that list as well.....

Talking from experience and others that have done so on other platforms, there is not much con to speak of when going from ADP to standard pulley.....
Thank you! We'll be able to move forward with this if there's enough demand from the community in the next few months. Please help spread the word if interested.

Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts